Monticello and source origin

Torsten Bergmann
When I create a changeset and file it out I can see
the image (Pharo/Squeak and version) that was used
to create the code in the header.

Currently when I find an MCZ somewhere on the web
I'm not able to see if Pharo 1.0 or Pharo 1.2 or
Squeak 4.1 was used to create it.

At least I havent found something when I check
"package", "version", "snapshot.bin" or "snapshot"/source
in the ZIP.

Would'nt it make sense to add something like this?

Thx
Torsten

Re: Monticello and source origin

Mariano Martinez Peck
That's true. It should be possible to do..maybe you need to:
- Modify the commti so that in add the first line (like the fileOut does) with such info into the source.st
- Modify squeaksource or whatever so that it lets you unzip the mzc, open the source.st and take the first line

or something like that.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I create a changeset and file it out I can see
the image (Pharo/Squeak and version) that was used
to create the code in the header.

Currently when I find an MCZ somewhere on the web
I'm not able to see if Pharo 1.0 or Pharo 1.2 or
Squeak 4.1 was used to create it.

At least I havent found something when I check
"package", "version", "snapshot.bin" or "snapshot"/source
in the ZIP.

Would'nt it make sense to add something like this?

Thx
Torsten

Re: Monticello and source origin

yes more meta data would help