Monticello browser question

wernerk
Hi,
after having loaded some packages (dont remember which one was
responsible), i noticed the package-type git could be added as
repository in the monticello-browser. this leads me to the question
whether i could add a repository on a github site directly, so that i
dont have to clone that site first to my disk, before i can load a package?
werner

Re: Monticello browser question

Dale Henrichs
Werner,

Not at the moment. I am currently working on some GitHub repository type in addition to the current FileTree repository type. The work will be available with the next Metacello in the next month or so ...

Dale

| after having loaded some packages (dont remember which one was
| responsible), i noticed the package-type git could be added as
| repository in the monticello-browser. this leads me to the question
| whether i could add a repository on a github site directly, so that i
| dont have to clone that site first to my disk, before i can load a
| package?
| werner

Re: Monticello browser question

Dale Henrichs
On second thought ... you may have loaded up the FsGit stuff? It is a work in progress as well ... My plan was to integrate the FSGit stuff into Metacello at a later date: FSGit has to be ported to GemStone and Squeak to be used in Metacello, whereas the GitHub repository I'm currently working on is more portable.

Dale

| Not at the moment. I am currently working on some GitHub repository
| type in addition to the current FileTree repository type. The work
| will be available with the next Metacello in the next month or so
|
| Dale

| |
| | Hi,
| | after having loaded some packages (dont remember which one was
| | responsible), i noticed the package-type git could be added as
| | repository in the monticello-browser. this leads me to the question
| | whether i could add a repository on a github site directly, so that
| | dont have to clone that site first to my disk, before i can load a
| | package?
| | werner
| |
| |

Re: Monticello browser question

wernerk
Dale,
i see, thanks for your answer.
werner

Dale Henrichs a écrit :
> On second thought ... you may have loaded up the FsGit stuff? It is a work in progress as well ...
yes exactly, that was it.
werner