Monticello default repositories & Iceberg

Monticello default repositories & Iceberg

Evan Donahue
I am using Pharo Launcher. Currently, if I create a new image and go to Settings > Software Configuration > Monticello, I see a "default local repository" and a "local cache directory" that point to old obsolete paths from years ago on my machine.

As a result, I'm having trouble using iceberg through metacello, because it keeps looking for baselines in these old paths and crashing.

What should those paths be for Pharo launcher? Does it use one default path for all images, or is there a way to tell it to change the default cache for each new image?

Thanks,
Evan

Re: Monticello default repositories & Iceberg

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Evan Donahue wrote
> I see a "default local repository" and a "local cache directory" that
> point to old obsolete paths
> from years ago on my machine.

Could this be the result of an obsolete startup script?

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Monticello default repositories & Iceberg

Tim Mackinnon

Yeah - I had a similar problem and had forgotten that the global startup settings are applied every tine you launch an image. Not at my computer - but on OS X they are in the is Library subfolder, on Windows there is some profile directories.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

> On 28 Jul 2018, at 03:13, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Evan Donahue wrote
>> I see a "default local repository" and a "local cache directory" that
>> point to old obsolete paths
>> from years ago on my machine.
>
> Could this be the result of an obsolete startup script?
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Monticello default repositories & Iceberg

Evan Donahue
Thanks to these replies I found the issue, but I'm not sure how to solve it.

I found the start up script. I have never consciously set it, but I assume
some process in the distant past automatically created it for me. The issue
was that the settings for:

#monticello#cacheDirectory and #monticello#defaultDirectoryName

pointed to obsolete random projects from the past. I deleted them from the
settings file, but it looks like when my new image autogenerated them, it
stored new ones in the settings file that are equally irrelevant to future
generated images:

/home/myusername/Pharo/images/testimage/pharo-local/package-cache
and /builds/workspace/Pharo-6.0-Update-Step-1-Tracker, respectively.

What should I set these to so that they behave appropriately as I create new
images in Pharo launcher? Does pharo launcher have a global dedicated place
for a package cache, or is there a way to make it switch per new image?