Monticello-kb.368 (Shout styling for the MCSnapshotBrowser)

Monticello-kb.368 (Shout styling for the MCSnapshotBrowser)

Andreas.Raab
Hi Balázs -

This does not work for me. I don't get any styling when I browse
packages after loading this package. Any ideas?

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: Monticello-kb.368 (Shout styling for the MCSnapshotBrowser)

Balázs Kósi
Hi,

You need to open a new snapshot browser after installing the package,
because styling is enabled when building the browser. (It uses a
PluggableTextMorphPlus instead of a PluggableTextMorph).

Balázs

Balázs Kósi wrote:
> You need to open a new snapshot browser after installing the package,
> because styling is enabled when building the browser. (It uses a
> PluggableTextMorphPlus instead of a PluggableTextMorph).

Still no success. And that seems correct to me - the code path taken
appears to be going through MCTool>>buildWith: which calls textMorph: on
an instance of MCToolWindowBuilder and not the tool. So your override is
never being triggered from what I can see. To illustrate, here's the
call stack after selecting a package and do "browse":

MCSnapshotBrowser(Object)>>halt
MCSnapshotBrowser(MCTool)>>buildWith:
MorphicToolBuilder(ToolBuilder)>>build:
MorphicToolBuilder>>open:
ToolBuilder class>>open:
[] in MCSnapshotBrowser(MCTool)>>show
SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>at:ifPresent:
MCSnapshotBrowser(MCTool)>>show
MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>browseWorkingCopy

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: Monticello-kb.368 (Shout styling for the MCSnapshotBrowser)

Levente Uzonyi
Quoting Andreas Raab <[hidden email]>:

> Balázs Kósi wrote:
>> You need to open a new snapshot browser after installing the package,
>> because styling is enabled when building the browser. (It uses a
>> PluggableTextMorphPlus instead of a PluggableTextMorph).
>
> Still no success. And that seems correct to me - the code path taken

Strange, it works for me.

Levente

> appears to be going through MCTool>>buildWith: which calls
> textMorph: on an instance of MCToolWindowBuilder and not the tool.
> So your override is never being triggered from what I can see. To
> illustrate, here's the call stack after selecting a package and do
> "browse":
>
> MCSnapshotBrowser(Object)>>halt
> MCSnapshotBrowser(MCTool)>>buildWith:
> MorphicToolBuilder(ToolBuilder)>>build:
> MorphicToolBuilder>>open:
> ToolBuilder class>>open:
> [] in MCSnapshotBrowser(MCTool)>>show
> SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>at:ifPresent:
> MCSnapshotBrowser(MCTool)>>show
> MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>browseWorkingCopy
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

Snapshot of Monticello-kb.368.mcz.png (65K) Download Attachment

Re: Monticello-kb.368 (Shout styling for the MCSnapshotBrowser)

Levente Uzonyi-2
Quoting Andreas Raab <[hidden email]>:

> Balázs Kósi wrote:
>> You need to open a new snapshot browser after installing the package,
>> because styling is enabled when building the browser. (It uses a
>> PluggableTextMorphPlus instead of a PluggableTextMorph).
>
> Still no success. And that seems correct to me - the code path taken

Strange, it works for me.

Levente

> appears to be going through MCTool>>buildWith: which calls
> textMorph: on an instance of MCToolWindowBuilder and not the tool.
> So your override is never being triggered from what I can see. To
> illustrate, here's the call stack after selecting a package and do
> "browse":
>
> MCSnapshotBrowser(Object)>>halt
> MCSnapshotBrowser(MCTool)>>buildWith:
> MorphicToolBuilder(ToolBuilder)>>build:
> MorphicToolBuilder>>open:
> ToolBuilder class>>open:
> [] in MCSnapshotBrowser(MCTool)>>show
> SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>at:ifPresent:
> MCSnapshotBrowser(MCTool)>>show
> MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>browseWorkingCopy
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

Snapshot of Monticello-kb.368.mcz.png (65K) Download Attachment

Re: Monticello-kb.368 (Shout styling for the MCSnapshotBrowser)

Balázs Kósi
Hi,

I found out why. I tested it with opening from a repository, which
ultimately sends #showLabelled: to the MCSnapshotBrowser from
MCVersion >> browse. When clicking the Browse button in the
MCWorkingCopyBrowser we send #show to the MCSnapshotBrowser, which
takes a different path. The first one doesn't use Toolbuilder, while
the second one does. I guess we want to use Toolbuilder,
so I'll send another version soon.

Balázs

Re: Monticello-kb.368 (Shout styling for the MCSnapshotBrowser)

Balázs Kósi
I uploaded Monticello-kb.370 to The Inbox, hopefully fixing the issue.

Balázs

Balázs Kósi wrote:
> I uploaded Monticello-kb.370 to The Inbox, hopefully fixing the issue.

Yup, works great. You're the man :-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Suggest adding Bal?zs K?si as trunk developer (was: [squeak-dev] Re: Monticello-kb.368 (Shout styling for the MCSnapshotBrowser))

David T. Lewis
May I suggest that Bal?zs K?si be added as a developer to Squeak trunk?
He is an active contributor who clearly knows what he is doing.

Dave

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 07:51:10PM +0100, Bal?zs K?si wrote:
> I uploaded Monticello-kb.370 to The Inbox, hopefully fixing the issue.
>
> Bal?zs

Re: Suggest adding Bal?zs K?si as trunk developer (was: [squeak-dev] Re: Monticello-kb.368 (Shout styling for the MCSnapshotBrowser))

Ken Causey-3
On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 19:29 -0500, David T. Lewis wrote:
> May I suggest that Bal?zs K?si be added as a developer to Squeak trunk?
> He is an active contributor who clearly knows what he is doing.
>
> Dave

Agreed, Andreas already nominated him earlier today and it will likely
happen no later than after our next meeting although possibly sooner.

Ken

Re: Suggest adding Bal?zs K?si as trunk developer (was: [squeak-dev] Re: Monticello-kb.368 (Shout styling for the MCSnapshotBrowser))

Edgar J. De Cleene

On 2/24/10 10:29 PM, "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> May I suggest that Bal?zs K?si be added as a developer to Squeak trunk?
> He is an active contributor who clearly knows what he is doing.
>
> Dave
+ 1

Edgar

Re: Suggest adding Bal?zs K?si as trunk developer (was: [squeak-dev] Re: Monticello-kb.368 (Shout styling for the MCSnapshotBrowser))

Göran Krampe
Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> On 2/24/10 10:29 PM, "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> May I suggest that Bal?zs K?si be added as a developer to Squeak trunk?
>> He is an active contributor who clearly knows what he is doing.
>>
>> Dave
> + 1

Yeah, Balazs worked with me in Gjallar, really good developer - together
with Levente.

regards, Göran

Trunk developer update: Balázs Kósi

Andreas.Raab
Folks -

We just finished our board meeting and one of the items was
acknowledging Balázs' contributions and adding him as a core developer.
So welcome Balázs and keep those contributions coming!

Cheers,
   - Andreas

On 2/24/2010 4:29 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> May I suggest that Bal?zs K?si be added as a developer to Squeak trunk?
> He is an active contributor who clearly knows what he is doing.
>
> Dave
>
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 07:51:10PM +0100, Bal?zs K?si wrote:
>> I uploaded Monticello-kb.370 to The Inbox, hopefully fixing the issue.
>>
>> Bal?zs

Re: Trunk developer update: Balázs Kósi

Balázs Kósi
Thank you all!