Monticello merge tool fail - need strikethrough for deleted code - be friendly to red-green colour blind people!

Monticello merge tool fail - need strikethrough for deleted code - be friendly to red-green colour blind people!

Oscar Nierstrasz

Hi Folks,

While updating the Monticello chapter of Pharo By Example to the
current Pharo GUI, I discovered that diffs in the merge tool (and
elsewhere) no longer show deleted code struck through, but only in
red, with new code in green.

This is a major fail for colour blind people!  It also does not show
when printed in grey-scale.

Can we have the strike-through back?  It is an important visual cue.

- on

Re: Monticello merge tool fail - need strikethrough for deleted code - be friendly to red-green colour blind people!

Stéphane Ducasse
ok can you open a ticket and put gary in cc?
because you are right I worked with two color blind people

Stef
On Jun 18, 2009, at 10:02 AM, Oscar Nierstrasz wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> While updating the Monticello chapter of Pharo By Example to the
> current Pharo GUI, I discovered that diffs in the merge tool (and
> elsewhere) no longer show deleted code struck through, but only in
> red, with new code in green.
>
> This is a major fail for colour blind people!  It also does not show
> when printed in grey-scale.
>
> Can we have the strike-through back?  It is an important visual cue.
>
> - on

Re: Monticello merge tool fail - need strikethrough fordeleted code - be friendly to red-green colour blind people!

Gary Chambers-4
After some investigation the "standard" diff stuff had the colours/font
changed by Damien Pollet late last year...
As for the Polymorph diff views, could be tricky (especially with regards
for printing since not just text).

The colours used in the DiffMorphs could be made configurable, however.

Regards, Gary