Monticello package problem

dario trussardi
Ciao,

        yesterday i found this problem:

        I have a class into Pharo environment with a method containing a string which appears  :

        'EN ?-UNICOLOR'

        but in reality it is aWideString 'EN •-UNICOLOR'

        1 69
        2 78
        3 32
        4 8226
        5 45

        This string is  paste into method  from another site.

Now when create the relative package into Pharo all works fine:

        the browse of the package report all the code.

I found a problem when a browse - load this package with Monticello GLASS

        because ( i think ) when the Monticello found a error stopping the reading of the package.

Would be interesting that the system signals the error when it interprets the package file.

Thanks,

                Dario

P.S.  The DTRMonticelloProblem-DTR.5  is a example.
                When browse - load into GLASS the relative data isn't right read - load

DTRMonticelloProblem-DTR.5.mcz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Monticello package problem

Dale Henrichs
Dario,

You've run into a fundamental problem with Monticello in that if double byte characters show up in the methods, the entire Monticell package is encoded as an instance of WideString and GemStone does not have a WideString decoder ...

The solution is to remove the double byte characters from your input ... you can encode the string as a byte array as a workaround.

FileTree (git) uses UTF8 encoding for the source files, so using FileTree is an alternative.

Dale