Monticello porting: out of memory

dario trussardi
Hi,

i'm interested  to port some monticello code from Pharo to GLASS.

I  open gemtools monticello support  and start the load of one specific  repository.

After some work  the system  erase the error:

VM temporary object memory is full
, almost out of memory, too many markSweeps since last successful scavenge

I restart the gemstone server but any change.

Any considerations ?

        Thanks,

        Dario

Re: Monticello porting: out of memory

Dale
Dario,

You can increase the size of the tempOBJMemory for your gems by temporarily changing GEM_TEMPOBJ_CACHE_SIZE to a larger size in your system.conf ...

the log file for your session will contain a smalltalk stack trace of the point where you ran out of memory that may give you a clue as to what is going on ...

There is also more information about out of memory situations in this post:

  http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2008/11/19/gemstone-101-managing-out-of-memory-situations/

Dale