Monticello problem

NorbertHartl
I discovered a problem with Monticello. I'm not 100% sure but I think it occurs since I upgraded Metacello. If I press changes on my package in Monticello I get "source same but rev changed" on all methods in that package. Even if I try to load the last version from the repository and press changes afterwards I get this.

This is quite annoying because I can hardly find any real changes in this huge list.

Do you have any ideas why this could happen?

norbert

Re: Monticello problem

Dale
Norbert,

I have seen something like this occur occassionally, but I haven't been able to pin it down ... it disappears before I can figure it out ... was the package written from Pharo?

Dale
----- "Norbert Hartl" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I discovered a problem with Monticello. I'm not 100% sure but I think
| it occurs since I upgraded Metacello. If I press changes on my package
| in Monticello I get "source same but rev changed" on all methods in
| that package. Even if I try to load the last version from the
| repository and press changes afterwards I get this.
|
| This is quite annoying because I can hardly find any real changes in
| this huge list.
|
| Do you have any ideas why this could happen?
|
| norbert

Re: Monticello problem

NorbertHartl
Dale,

my problem persists. The package has been written mostly from pharo but also from gemstone. What makes me wonder is that I forced loading of the actual version via monticello and still I get those revision changes.

Norbert

On 13.04.2010, at 18:57, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Norbert,
>
> I have seen something like this occur occassionally, but I haven't been able to pin it down ... it disappears before I can figure it out ... was the package written from Pharo?
>
> Dale
> ----- "Norbert Hartl" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> | I discovered a problem with Monticello. I'm not 100% sure but I think
> | it occurs since I upgraded Metacello. If I press changes on my package
> | in Monticello I get "source same but rev changed" on all methods in
> | that package. Even if I try to load the last version from the
> | repository and press changes afterwards I get this.
> |
> | This is quite annoying because I can hardly find any real changes in
> | this huge list.
> |
> | Do you have any ideas why this could happen?
> |
> | norbert

Re: Monticello problem

Dale
Could you ship me the mcz file so I can take a look?

Dale
----- "Norbert Hartl" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Dale,
|
| my problem persists. The package has been written mostly from pharo
| but also from gemstone. What makes me wonder is that I forced loading
| of the actual version via monticello and still I get those revision
| changes.
|
| Norbert
|
| On 13.04.2010, at 18:57, Dale Henrichs wrote:
|
| > Norbert,
| >
| > I have seen something like this occur occassionally, but I haven't
| been able to pin it down ... it disappears before I can figure it out
| ... was the package written from Pharo?
| >
| > Dale
| > ----- "Norbert Hartl" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| >
| > | I discovered a problem with Monticello. I'm not 100% sure but I
| think
| > | it occurs since I upgraded Metacello. If I press changes on my
| package
| > | in Monticello I get "source same but rev changed" on all methods
| in
| > | that package. Even if I try to load the last version from the
| > | repository and press changes afterwards I get this.
| > |
| > | This is quite annoying because I can hardly find any real changes
| in
| > | this huge list.
| > |
| > |
| > | norbert

Re: Monticello problem

NorbertHartl
The last messages didn't make its way to the mailing list. As I said the weird behaviour occurs on many packages.

Since yesterday two packages of my own turned back to normal. Well, kind of normal. If I now do the "changes" I get only real changes but every change is the opposite direction. I've added some method locally but the changes window tells "(removed)" and it is displayed with strike-through font. And changed parts are displayed wrong as well. Maybe this is part of the problem I encounter.

Norbert