Monticello regression regarding modification detection?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Monticello regression regarding modification detection?

Christoph Thiede

Hi all,

as we are currently updating Squeak by Example, I came across the following section from the chapter Environment about Monticello:

To tell Monticello about your package, click on +Package, and type the name of the package, in his case "SBE". Monticello will add SBE to its list of packages; the package entry will be marked with an asterisk to show that the version in the image has not yet been written to any repository. [italic mine]

In context, a class under the system category "SBE" has been created before creating the package.

However, I cannot reproduce the described behavior in Trunk: I first need to raise another relevant SystemChangeNotifier event again before the asterisk appears. Just after creating the package, it is not displayed as modified.

Is this a regression in modern Monticello, or had the original SbE author dreamt a dream that has never become reality until today? :)

Best,

Christoph

Follow-up: thread on GitHub

Carpe Squeak!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Monticello regression regarding modification detection?

Chris Muller-3
There may be a better way to fix it, but this does work.

- Chris

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 11:56 AM Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

as we are currently updating Squeak by Example, I came across the following section from the chapter Environment about Monticello:

To tell Monticello about your package, click on +Package, and type the name of the package, in his case "SBE". Monticello will add SBE to its list of packages; the package entry will be marked with an asterisk to show that the version in the image has not yet been written to any repository. [italic mine]

In context, a class under the system category "SBE" has been created before creating the package.

However, I cannot reproduce the described behavior in Trunk: I first need to raise another relevant SystemChangeNotifier event again before the asterisk appears. Just after creating the package, it is not displayed as modified.

Is this a regression in modern Monticello, or had the original SbE author dreamt a dream that has never become reality until today? :)

Best,

Christoph

MCWorkingCopyBrowser-addWorkingCopy.st (878 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Monticello regression regarding modification detection?

Christoph Thiede

Looks great, thank you!

Best,

Christoph

Von: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von Chris Muller <[hidden email]>
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. Dezember 2019 23:12:33
An: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
Betreff: Re: [squeak-dev] Monticello regression regarding modification detection?

There may be a better way to fix it, but this does work.

- Chris

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 11:56 AM Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

Best,

Christoph

Carpe Squeak!