Monticello repos when adding packages

Torsten Bergmann
Hi,

in Monticello:

  - when you open the browser you see a list of known
    repositories
  - when I select "+Package" and enter the name
    of a new package the right pane only shows
    the package-cache as valid repo and I have
    to add the repository using "+Repository"
    again - even when it is already known to the system

Confusing, isnt it? Or is there an easier way?

Thx
T.

jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser

Re: Monticello repos when adding packages

garduino
2010/2/21 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> in Monticello:
>
>  - when you open the browser you see a list of known
>    repositories
>  - when I select "+Package" and enter the name
>    of a new package the right pane only shows
>    the package-cache as valid repo and I have
>    to add the repository using "+Repository"
>    again - even when it is already known to the system

Yes, is an annoying "feature". I don't know if exist another way,
but indeed, is not a good behaviour.

> Confusing, isnt it? Or is there an easier way?
>
> Thx
> T.

Cheers.
Germán.

Re: Monticello repos when adding packages

Gary Chambers-4
Create your package, deselect any package.
Pick your existing repository spec.
Choose "add to package..." from the repo popup menu.

Regards, Gary

2010/2/21 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> in Monticello:
>
> - when you open the browser you see a list of known
> repositories
> - when I select "+Package" and enter the name
> of a new package the right pane only shows
> the package-cache as valid repo and I have
> to add the repository using "+Repository"
> again - even when it is already known to the system

Yes, is an annoying "feature". I don't know if exist another way,
but indeed, is not a good behaviour.

> Confusing, isnt it? Or is there an easier way?
>
> Thx
> T.

Cheers.
Germán.

2010/2/21 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> in Monticello:
>
> - when you open the browser you see a list of known
> repositories
> - when I select "+Package" and enter the name
> of a new package the right pane only shows
> the package-cache as valid repo and I have
> to add the repository using "+Repository"
> again - even when it is already known to the system

Yes, is an annoying "feature". I don't know if exist another way,
but indeed, is not a good behaviour.

> Confusing, isnt it? Or is there an easier way?
>
> Thx
> T.

Cheers.
Germán.

MCWorkingCopyBrowser-addRepositoryToPackage.st (792 bytes) Download Attachment
MCWorkingCopyBrowser-repositoryListMenu.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Monticello repos when adding packages

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks we will intergate that

On Feb 22, 2010, at 11:43 PM, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> or add the attached which add a 'add to package...' to a selected package
>

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 4:17 AM, Gary Chambers <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Create your package, deselect any package.
> Pick your existing repository spec.
> Choose "add to package..." from the repo popup menu.
>
> Regards, Gary

Cheers.
Germán.

2010/2/21 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> in Monticello:
>
> - when you open the browser you see a list of known
> repositories
> - when I select "+Package" and enter the name
> of a new package the right pane only shows
> the package-cache as valid repo and I have
> to add the repository using "+Repository"
> again - even when it is already known to the system

Yes, is an annoying "feature". I don't know if exist another way,
but indeed, is not a good behaviour.

> Confusing, isnt it? Or is there an easier way?
>
> Thx
> T.

Cheers.
Germán.