Monticello working copy list got really slow..

Monticello working copy list got really slow..

Chris Muller-3
Open MC browser.  Focus on package list.  Press and hold down arrow.

It cannot keep up with even a moderate keyboard repeat.

But in Squeak5.0, it can, easily.

Something broke or degraded?

Re: Monticello working copy list got really slow..

David T. Lewis
On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 07:00:29PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:
> Open MC browser.  Focus on package list.  Press and hold down arrow.
>
> It cannot keep up with even a moderate keyboard repeat.
>
> But in Squeak5.0, it can, easily.
>
> Something broke or degraded?

I cannot reproduce in trunk. In what image do you see this problem?

Dave

Re: Monticello working copy list got really slow..

Levente Uzonyi
It's probably #directorySize, which is sent indirectly from
MCDirectoryRepository >> #description, being recalculated for your package
cache every time the selection changes.

Levente

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016, Chris Muller wrote:

> Open MC browser.  Focus on package list.  Press and hold down arrow.
>
> It cannot keep up with even a moderate keyboard repeat.
>
> But in Squeak5.0, it can, easily.
>
> Something broke or degraded?

Re: Monticello working copy list got really slow..

Chris Muller-4
Yip, that's it.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 11:18 PM, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's probably #directorySize, which is sent indirectly from
> MCDirectoryRepository >> #description, being recalculated for your package
> cache every time the selection changes.
>
> Levente
>

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2016, Chris Muller wrote:
>
>> Open MC browser.  Focus on package list.  Press and hold down arrow.
>>
>> It cannot keep up with even a moderate keyboard repeat.
>>
>> But in Squeak5.0, it can, easily.
>>
>> Something broke or degraded?

Re: Monticello working copy list got really slow..

marcel.taeumel
*hmpf* Stoopid model update. Filtering should not re-fetch data from the model. Anyway, I reverted it.

Best,
Marcel

Re: Monticello working copy list got really slow..

Chris Muller-3
Its not even just about performance -- this attribute is not something
that concerns usage of Monticello at all, certainly not on the UI in
that particular place (the repository list).  Maybe if you wanted to
put it somewhere on the Repository viewer; that might be more
appropriate because there you're actually looking at a repository..

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 2:44 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> *hmpf* Stoopid model update. Filtering should not re-fetch data from the
> model. Anyway, I reverted it.
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Re: Monticello working copy list got really slow..

marcel.taeumel
Hey Chris,

sure. For me, it made perfect sense there. :-P So many different users out there. We must never forget that! ;-)

Best,
Marcel