MonticelloParser>>convertCategoryNameToSubAppName: aString

Marten Feldtmann-5
What is this supposed to do ?

| tokens original converted |

tokens := aString subStrings: ''''.  "$NON-NLS$"
    tokens size = 1
        ifTrue: [
            tokens := aString subStrings: '#'.
            tokens at: 2 put:  (tokens at: 2) allButLast ].
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^  ???????

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/7a833f39-018e-4879-ab15-877895354f3fn%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MonticelloParser>>convertCategoryNameToSubAppName: aString

Mariano Martinez Peck-2
Hi Marten, 

Any particular reason on why you are trying to import with MonticelloImporter? What are you trying to import exactly? Is it also available in Tonel? 

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 6:00 AM Marten Feldtmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

tokens size = 1
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^  ???????

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/7a833f39-018e-4879-ab15-877895354f3fn%40googlegroups.com.

--
Mariano Martinez Peck
Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/CAOUkibH6Yz0VVQH%3DnX%2BTi2fkVH7RadyVV2qx3ZP5-mo3J8jE_Q%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marten Feldtmann-5
Because all the other stuff did not work (out of the box or at once, too difficult or perhaps I do not understand that)
[hidden email] schrieb am Dienstag, 21. Juli 2020 um 15:30:21 UTC+2:
Hi Marten, 

Any particular reason on why you are trying to import with MonticelloImporter? What are you trying to import exactly? Is it also available in Tonel? 

tokens size = 1
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^  ???????

--

--
Mariano Martinez Peck

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/f289538d-8989-4147-8550-4f356c3e8ab4n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Esteban A. Maringolo
Marten,

If you tried the Tonel tools [1] and had issues please let me know
I'll be happy to help you.

Regards,

[1] https://github.com/vasmalltalk/tonel-vast/

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 11:26 AM Marten Feldtmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Because all the other stuff did not work (out of the box or at once, too difficult or perhaps I do not understand that)
> [hidden email] schrieb am Dienstag, 21. Juli 2020 um 15:30:21 UTC+2:
>>
>> Hi Marten,
>>
>> Any particular reason on why you are trying to import with MonticelloImporter? What are you trying to import exactly? Is it also available in Tonel?
>>
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 6:00 AM Marten Feldtmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> What is this supposed to do ?
>>>
>>>
>>>     | tokens original converted |
>>>
>>>     tokens := aString subStrings: ''''.  "$NON-NLS$"
>>>     tokens size = 1
>>>         ifTrue: [
>>>             tokens := aString subStrings: '#'.
>>>             tokens at: 2 put:  (tokens at: 2) allButLast ].
>>>                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^  ???????
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
>>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/7a833f39-018e-4879-ab15-877895354f3fn%40googlegroups.com.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Mariano Martinez Peck
>> Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.
>> Email: [hidden email]
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/MartinezPeck
>> LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/mariano-martinez-peck
>> Blog: https://marianopeck.wordpress.com/
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VA Smalltalk" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/f289538d-8989-4147-8550-4f356c3e8ab4n%40googlegroups.com.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/CAJMgPC%2Bu2D%3D8gK3RRV-PkpuSupGtjjwo%2Bh397%3DtiykF_FdwfQw%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Mariano Martinez Peck-2
In reply to this post by Marten Feldtmann-5
OK. But you didn't answer what you were trying to import. Was it PetitParser or something else?

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 11:26 AM Marten Feldtmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Because all the other stuff did not work (out of the box or at once, too difficult or perhaps I do not understand that)
Hi Marten, 

tokens size = 1
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^  ???????

--

--
Mariano Martinez Peck

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/f289538d-8989-4147-8550-4f356c3e8ab4n%40googlegroups.com.

--
Mariano Martinez Peck

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/CAOUkibG%3DuqEcXcEsrPBKUokf-n5_ooDRNAKVdv-i73XF7MXU3A%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marten Feldtmann-5
In reply to this post by Marten Feldtmann-5
Actually I have not used Tonel or stuff like this, I do not know how the format looks like. It seems, that it needs a "package" file and "properties" file is also quite nice to have. So I tried to import PetitParser2 from Github (buy why can't just enter the github address ?). It seems, that I have to clone the stuff locally.

Then I had to import the stuff (Hmm, the source code comes from Pharo ... so what might work ? Application import from Tonel or ConfigurationMaps from Tonel). So select the import path for tonel, that's simple ? But what is the path if you have lots of subfolders ? No idea ... but whatever I did it complained, that it either does not find a package file or a corresponding property file.

Another strange point is, that it looks into the ".git" folder, which seems straneg for me ...

So for an old VASmalltalk user its's a mess ...

Marten Feldtmann schrieb am Dienstag, 21. Juli 2020 um 16:26:13 UTC+2:
Hi Marten, 

tokens size = 1
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^  ???????

--

--
Mariano Martinez Peck

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/139b0626-9afe-4029-a2f1-286cde8240b1n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marten Feldtmann-5
Well and due to this mess I took an old running Pharo image and produce a Monticello package from that and import that into VA

Marten Feldtmann schrieb am Dienstag, 21. Juli 2020 um 16:42:51 UTC+2:
Actually I have not used Tonel or stuff like this, I do not know how the format looks like. It seems, that it needs a "package" file and "properties" file is also quite nice to have. So I tried to import PetitParser2 from Github (buy why can't just enter the github address ?). It seems, that I have to clone the stuff locally.

Then I had to import the stuff (Hmm, the source code comes from Pharo ... so what might work ? Application import from Tonel or ConfigurationMaps from Tonel). So select the import path for tonel, that's simple ? But what is the path if you have lots of subfolders ? No idea ... but whatever I did it complained, that it either does not find a package file or a corresponding property file.

Another strange point is, that it looks into the ".git" folder, which seems straneg for me ...

Hi Marten, 

tokens size = 1
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^  ???????

--

--
Mariano Martinez Peck

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/a9f92de3-2ad2-4c6d-8037-836e395f982en%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marten Feldtmann-5
At least I have the PetitParser now in my image and can now change the code to run it under VA

Marten Feldtmann schrieb am Dienstag, 21. Juli 2020 um 16:44:38 UTC+2:
Well and due to this mess I took an old running Pharo image and produce a Monticello package from that and import that into VA

Hi Marten, 

tokens size = 1
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^  ???????

--

--
Mariano Martinez Peck

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/8467e3df-fc42-4a4c-9653-52d84f4dde76n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
|

Seth Berman

Hello Marten,

Thanks for your feedback.

If we missed something important in the software, or the Tonel 'quick start' guide wasn't completely clear, please let us know where things could be improved. The best way to do this is by creating a "New issue" for the "tonel-vast" repo on GitHub. This allows each issue to be effectively tracked and addressed as we can continue to improve Tonel.

Please note that we're in the planning stages for another live event (like we did for OS Process) to show how to use Tonel step-by-step. We plan to have a Q&A session at the end too.

--Seth Berman

On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 10:46:52 AM UTC-4, Marten Feldtmann wrote:
At least I have the PetitParser now in my image and can now change the code to run it under VA

Marten Feldtmann schrieb am Dienstag, 21. Juli 2020 um 16:44:38 UTC+2:

Hi Marten, 

tokens size = 1
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^  ???????

--
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to va-smalltalk...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/7a833f39-018e-4879-ab15-877895354f3fn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/7a833f39-018e-4879-ab15-877895354f3fn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/7a833f39-018e-4879-ab15-877895354f3fn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/7a833f39-018e-4879-ab15-877895354f3fn%40googlegroups.com.

--
Mariano Martinez Peck
Twitter: <a href="https://twitter.com/MartinezPeck" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FMartinezPeck\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFPV-7Bnc-U6phGEh-VZU0iUtY7vw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FMartinezPeck\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFPV-7Bnc-U6phGEh-VZU0iUtY7vw&#39;;return true;">https://twitter.com/MartinezPeck
LinkedIn: <a href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/mariano-mart%C3%ADnez-peck/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fin%2Fmariano-mart%25C3%25ADnez-peck%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGyJTUAWXPstaw4J3OpFUYRyFAqmw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fin%2Fmariano-mart%25C3%25ADnez-peck%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGyJTUAWXPstaw4J3OpFUYRyFAqmw&#39;;return true;">www.linkedin.com/in/mariano-martinez-peck
Blog: <a href="https://marianopeck.wordpress.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fmarianopeck.wordpress.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHAOaIsyMIYgmQWdQZRuKRdD6gBfw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fmarianopeck.wordpress.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHAOaIsyMIYgmQWdQZRuKRdD6gBfw&#39;;return true;">https://marianopeck.wordpress.com/

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/va-smalltalk/0f736c06-b470-4f2d-a6b5-b0ccb4915b27o%40googlegroups.com.