Moose-Algos-Graph tutorial

Simon Denier-3
By popular request ;) I wrote a first tutorial about using and extending the graph library of Moose Algos

http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/moosealgos/graph

--
 Simon

Re: Moose-Algos-Graph tutorial

Alexandre Bergel
Excellent!!!

Alexandre

On 8 Apr 2010, at 12:40, Simon Denier wrote:

> By popular request ;) I wrote a first tutorial about using and
> extending the graph library of Moose Algos
>
> http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/moosealgos/graph
>

> --
> Simon

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Moose-Algos-Graph tutorial

Tudor Girba
Excellent, indeed!

Doru

On 8 Apr 2010, at 20:01, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Excellent!!!
>
> Alexandre
>

> On 8 Apr 2010, at 12:40, Simon Denier wrote:
>
>> By popular request ;) I wrote a first tutorial about using and
>> extending the graph library of Moose Algos
>>
>> http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/moosealgos/graph
>>

>> --
>> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: Moose-Algos-Graph tutorial

two questions

- is MOGraph really requiring Moose?
- I would like that you explain to me this tarjan flag based optimisation :)

On 8 avr. 2010, at 23:08, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> two questions
>
> - is MOGraph really requiring Moose?

uh oh, it's stand-alone, so it does not require Moose. Actually I'm pretty sure it's the same thing for all packages in Moose-Algos and that's good.

> - I would like that you explain to me this tarjan flag based optimisation :)

Nothing special.

Nodes are pushed and popped into a Stack.
When a node is pushed onto the stack, it also sets a flag to true in the node. When it is popped, the flag is set to false.
Then when we test whether a node is in the stack, instead of iterating over the stack, we just test the node flag, which makes it a constant time operation.

> On Apr 8, 2010, at 6:40 PM, Simon Denier wrote:
>
>> By popular request ;) I wrote a first tutorial about using and extending the graph library of Moose Algos
>>
>> http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/moosealgos/graph
>>

>> --
>> Simon

 Simon

Re: Moose-Algos-Graph tutorial

Tudor Girba
Hi,

>> two questions
>>
>> - is MOGraph really requiring Moose?
>
> uh oh, it's stand-alone, so it does not require Moose. Actually I'm
> pretty sure it's the same thing for all packages in Moose-Algos and
> that's good.

Absolutely! Moose-Algos works with objects only and thus it is usable
in multiple contexts. It does not depend on Moose, it is part of
Moose :)

Cheers,
Doru

>> - I would like that you explain to me this tarjan flag based
>> optimisation :)
>
> Nothing special.
>
> Nodes are pushed and popped into a Stack.
> When a node is pushed onto the stack, it also sets a flag to true in
> the node. When it is popped, the flag is set to false.
> Then when we test whether a node is in the stack, instead of
> iterating over the stack, we just test the node flag, which makes it
> a constant time operation.
>

>> On Apr 8, 2010, at 6:40 PM, Simon Denier wrote:
>>
>>> By popular request ;) I wrote a first tutorial about using and
>>> extending the graph library of Moose Algos
>>>
>>> http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/moosealgos/graph
>>>

>>> --
>>> Simon

> Simon