Moose Model of Java Project with nested namespacing

Moose Model of Java Project with nested namespacing

Dennis Schenk
Hi,

I used inFamix to create an .mse File of Jython. All works well except the namespacing seems to be a bit off in the model, e.g. there is a namespace called jython and another one called jython::util but the first is not defined as parentPackage of the latter. I think they should be thought - at least for Java systems.

Mircea Lungu told me there was a class floating around somewhere which fixes this for moose models. Could anyone point me to it? I'd like to use it for testing.

Also, is inFamix maybe capable of doing that but I haven't found it? Or are there other tools which do the importing with namespaces linked in this way?

Cheers,
Dennis

Re: Moose Model of Java Project with nested namespacing

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

inFamix preserves the semantics of Java and does not nest namespaces.
To create a nesting out of names, you can use:
aModel inferNamespaceParentsBasedOnNames

or just invoke the 'Infer Namespace Parents Based on Names' from the
utilities menu of the model.

Cheers,
Doru

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Dennis Schenk
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I used inFamix to create an .mse File of Jython. All works well except the
> namespacing seems to be a bit off in the model, e.g. there is a namespace
> called jython and another one called jython::util but the first is not
> defined as parentPackage of the latter. I think they should be thought - at
> least for Java systems.
>
> Mircea Lungu told me there was a class floating around somewhere which fixes
> this for moose models. Could anyone point me to it? I'd like to use it for
> testing.
>
> Also, is inFamix maybe capable of doing that but I haven't found it? Or are
> there other tools which do the importing with namespaces linked in this way?
>
> Cheers,
> Dennis

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Moose Model of Java Project with nested namespacing

roberto.minelli@usi.ch

Use VerveineJ. The tool creates the nested package structure that you need.
See http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/importers/importJavaWithVerveineJ

Cheers,
RM