Moose Panel > ST Importer

Ben Coman

>From Moose Panel > ST DownArrow (I assume I can call this the STImporter) brings up the dialog attached.
Can you direct me to documentation describing what each of the dialog items does?
Specifically, and referring to the attached image...

1. What is the effect of merging classes and metaclasses ?

2. What is the difference between the two importers ClassPackageImporter and ClassCategoryImporter ?

3. What is the effect of each option for Importing Context ?

4. What is the difference between the five strategies to compute invocation candidates?

5. What is an "invocation candidates?"

I've been browsing around trying to find anything and got nothing.

Moose Panel ST Importer.png (39K) Download Attachment

Re: Moose Panel > ST Importer

Usman Bhatti
I can provide you some hints rather than a complete guide to all these options.

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

>From Moose Panel > ST DownArrow (I assume I can call this the STImporter) brings up the dialog attached.
Can you direct me to documentation describing what each of the dialog items does?
Specifically, and referring to the attached image...

1. What is the effect of merging classes and metaclasses ?

The option merging classes and metaclasses does not create two FAMIXClasses for instance and class side. When this option selected, both sides of a class get merged together to form single FAMIXClass.

2. What is the difference between the two importers ClassPackageImporter and ClassCategoryImporter ?

No idea. But never used the one for categories.

3. What is the effect of each option for Importing Context ?

Importing context actually allows to reduce the amount of program artifacts to be imported from the source program and represented in Moose.

4. What is the difference between the five strategies to compute invocation candidates?

Dont know all of the strategies. Their purpose is compute invocation candidates as precisely as possible based on some heuristics. So these strategies cover a spectrum from the raw one (all possible methods that can get invoked due to a message send) to sophisticated ones (precisely determine which methods could actually be invoked.)

5. What is an "invocation candidates?"
All possible methods that can get invoked due to a message send.

I've been browsing around trying to find anything and got nothing.

hope this one helps,

regards,
Usman