Moose best practices / workflow

Meinert Schwartau
Hi!

Currently I have three questions:

I want to declare my own methods like isJunitTest, isBookingClass, isMasterdataClass, isGeneratedClass and so on to filter and visualize my classes. As far as I read it these new methods should be added to existing classes. So in my case because they belong to a class to FamixClass. But these extensions should be stored in a separate package. How do you do it? Is there an example in the web how to do this in pharo?

How do you save your visualizations and queries? Using the moose panel is nice for prototyping. But in the end I would like to create a menu entry, or a new entry in the moose panel on which somebody can click and sees the result of the query I created.

Any suggestions for storing my code in a git repository. It seems not to be so easy like it should be (see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25722280/pharo-project-on-git)

Best regards
Meinert

Re: Moose best practices / workflow

Ben Coman
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:48 PM, Meinert Schwartau
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Currently I have three questions:
>
> I want to declare my own methods like isJunitTest, isBookingClass, isMasterdataClass, isGeneratedClass and so on to filter and visualize my classes. As far as I read it these new methods should be added to existing classes. So in my case because they belong to a class to FamixClass. But these extensions should be stored in a separate package. How do you do it? Is there an example in the web how to do this in pharo?

If your package is called "MyProject"
then in FamixClass create a method protocol "*MyProject" to put your
methods in.
As an example, check out the protocols of Integer that have a leading asterix.

cheers -ben

Re: Moose best practices / workflow

abergel
+1

I suggest you to have a look at Deep into Pharo and Pharo by example. These free books detail how Monticello works, and this is what you actually need.

Alexandre