[Moose-dev] Glamour: Making the table widget more customizable

[Moose-dev] Glamour: Making the table widget more customizable

Simon Denier-3
I was thinking about how to make the table widget more customizable, for example being able to dynamically add a column to a table.

It just occurred to me that maybe it was even possible to do it without getting into the Morphic code, just using Glamour.

So be it. It works.... sort of.... It does not refresh the table layout but the finder shows it is there.

        | finder |
        finder := GLMFinder new.
        finder table
                        title: 'Number';
                        display: [ :x | 1 to: x ];
                        act: [:p| p column: 'Double' evaluated: [ :each | (each * 2) asString ]. p update ]
                                entitled: 'add column';
                        actions: [ :list | self actionsFor: list ];
                        column: 'Even' evaluated: [ :each | each even asString ];
                        column: 'Odd' evaluated: [ :each | each odd asString ].
        ^ finder

In the end, I guess it's better to handle this in the Morphic layer, including having a button rather than a menu item to perform such a task.

--
 Simon

[Moose-dev] Re: Glamour: Making the table widget more customizable

Tudor Girba
Hi Simon,

Indeed, in the case of a table maybe we should also update the panes
upon update. Anyway, this item is since too long an open issue and it
makes metrics under used in the Moose Panel.

Cheers,
Doru

On 25 Jan 2010, at 23:44, Simon Denier wrote:

> I was thinking about how to make the table widget more customizable,
> for example being able to dynamically add a column to a table.
>
> It just occurred to me that maybe it was even possible to do it
> without getting into the Morphic code, just using Glamour.
>
> So be it. It works.... sort of.... It does not refresh the table
> layout but the finder shows it is there.
>

> | finder |
> finder := GLMFinder new.
> finder table
> title: 'Number';
> display: [ :x | 1 to: x ];
> act: [:p| p column: 'Double' evaluated: [ :each | (each * 2)
> asString ]. p update ]
> entitled: 'add column';
> actions: [ :list | self actionsFor: list ];
> column: 'Even' evaluated: [ :each | each even asString ];
> column: 'Odd' evaluated: [ :each | each odd asString ].
> ^ finder
>

> In the end, I guess it's better to handle this in the Morphic layer,
> including having a button rather than a menu item to perform such a
> task.
>

> --
> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"When people care, great things can happen."