Moose in VW 7.8 on Mac?

Ken G. Brown
I'm new to the Moose Suite and would like to give it a try in VW 7.8 on Mac, for aiding in exploring an existing quite extensive suite of software.

What is the current status of the Moose family on VW 7.8?

Could someone please point me in the right direction for an appropriate jump-start in order to get going as quickly as possible?

Any tips and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thx,
Ken G. Brown

Re: Moose in VW 7.8 on Mac?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi ken

it is in the state we left it when we were kind of forced to move away from VW.
So this is working but this is three years now that we worked on the new one.

Tell us what you need and we will tell you if we know if this is working.

Stef

On Jun 12, 2012, at 7:29 PM, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> I'm new to the Moose Suite and would like to give it a try in VW 7.8 on Mac, for aiding in exploring an existing quite extensive suite of software.
>
> What is the current status of the Moose family on VW 7.8?
>
> Could someone please point me in the right direction for an appropriate jump-start in order to get going as quickly as possible?
>
> Any tips and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thx,
> Ken G. Brown

Re: Moose in VW 7.8 on Mac?

Ken G. Brown
Basically right now I would like to get a visual overview of how things work together, the main subsystems, that sort of thing. I would like something to help me build a conceptual framework of a fairly large client server suite, in order to place the different software pieces in my mind when I come across them.

Perhaps something like this:
<http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/famix/3.0>
 would be good to start with, then later maybe this:
<http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/famix/dynamix>
or:
<http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/polymetricviews>

I'm not sure what is possible at this point so I'm unsure of what would be most beneficial.

Thx for taking the time to respond,
Ken

On 2012-06-12, at 2:47 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:05:48 +0200
> From: St?phane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Moose-dev] Re: Moose in VW 7.8 on Mac?
> To: Moose-related development <[hidden email]>
>
> Hi ken
>
> it is in the state we left it when we were kind of forced to move away from VW.
> So this is working but this is three years now that we worked on the new one.
>
> Tell us what you need and we will tell you if we know if this is working.
>
> Stef
>
> On Jun 12, 2012, at 7:29 PM, Ken G. Brown wrote:
>
>> I'm new to the Moose Suite and would like to give it a try in VW 7.8 on Mac, for aiding in exploring an existing quite extensive suite of software.
>>
>> What is the current status of the Moose family on VW 7.8?
>>
>> Could someone please point me in the right direction for an appropriate jump-start in order to get going as quickly as possible?
>>
>> Any tips and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thx,
>> Ken G. Brown

Re: Moose in VW 7.8 on Mac?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Ken,

The most recent instructions can be found here:
http://www.moosetechnology.org/download/vw

As you can see, the last time we looked into it, VW was at version 7.7.

Cheers,
Doru

On 12 Jun 2012, at 23:07, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> Basically right now I would like to get a visual overview of how things work together, the main subsystems, that sort of thing. I would like something to help me build a conceptual framework of a fairly large client server suite, in order to place the different software pieces in my mind when I come across them.
>
> Perhaps something like this:
> <http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/famix/3.0>
> would be good to start with, then later maybe this:
> <http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/famix/dynamix>
> or:
> <http://www.moosetechnology.org/docs/polymetricviews>
>
> I'm not sure what is possible at this point so I'm unsure of what would be most beneficial.
>
> Thx for taking the time to respond,
> Ken
>
> On 2012-06-12, at 2:47 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:05:48 +0200
>> From: St?phane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: [Moose-dev] Re: Moose in VW 7.8 on Mac?
>> To: Moose-related development <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi ken
>>
>> it is in the state we left it when we were kind of forced to move away from VW.
>> So this is working but this is three years now that we worked on the new one.
>>
>> Tell us what you need and we will tell you if we know if this is working.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Jun 12, 2012, at 7:29 PM, Ken G. Brown wrote:
>>
>>> I'm new to the Moose Suite and would like to give it a try in VW 7.8 on Mac, for aiding in exploring an existing quite extensive suite of software.
>>>
>>> What is the current status of the Moose family on VW 7.8?
>>>
>>> Could someone please point me in the right direction for an appropriate jump-start in order to get going as quickly as possible?
>>>
>>> Any tips and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thx,
>>> Ken G. Brown

www.tudorgirba.com

"No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."