Moose meta-model extension

Andrea Caracciolo
Hi,

I'm writing to this mailing list for the first time, so let me shortly introduce myself: I'm a PhD student at SCG (prof. O. Nierstrasz / University of Bern) and i'm currently working on architecture validation.

I recently started a little project (a more flexible and generic version of moose chef), and since i wanted to display my output in moose i tried to build an extension to the moose meta-model.
What i did was creating a new class named FAMIXLiftedAssociation which extends FAMIXAssociation and has a 'from' and to 'to' attribute.

I defined the following methods:

        <MSEProperty: #to type: #MooseEntity>
        <MSEComment: 'to-side of the association'>
        ^ to.

from
        <MSEProperty: #from type: #MooseEntity>
        <MSEComment: 'from-side of the association'>
        ^ from

where both 'from' and 'to' attributes are MooseEntity objects.

On the class side i redefined:

annotation
        <MSEClass: #FAMIXLiftedAssociation  super: #FAMIXAssociation>
        <package: #FAMIX>
        ^self

When i try to browse a group populated with instances of the above described class, i'm able to see them all correctly.
But as soon as i click on one of them i get the following error:

MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of "allPrimitiveAttributes" is nil

I guess the new class has not been recognized as being part of the moose meta-model. Am i wrong ?
Did i forget any pragma ?

Andrea Caracciolo

Re: Moose meta-model extension

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Nice to meet you on this mailing list, too :).

You should also reinitialize the meta descriptions:
MooseModel resetMeta.

Cheers,
Doru

On 5 Jun 2012, at 16:54, Andrea Caracciolo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm writing to this mailing list for the first time, so let me shortly introduce myself: I'm a PhD student at SCG (prof. O. Nierstrasz / University of Bern) and i'm currently working on architecture validation.
>
> I recently started a little project (a more flexible and generic version of moose chef), and since i wanted to display my output in moose i tried to build an extension to the moose meta-model.
> What i did was creating a new class named FAMIXLiftedAssociation which extends FAMIXAssociation and has a 'from' and to 'to' attribute.
>
> I defined the following methods:

> <MSEProperty: #to type: #MooseEntity>
> <MSEComment: 'to-side of the association'>
> ^ to.
>
> from
> <MSEProperty: #from type: #MooseEntity>
> <MSEComment: 'from-side of the association'>
> ^ from
>
> where both 'from' and 'to' attributes are MooseEntity objects.
>
> On the class side i redefined:
>
> annotation
> <MSEClass: #FAMIXLiftedAssociation  super: #FAMIXAssociation>
> <package: #FAMIX>
> ^self
>
> When i try to browse a group populated with instances of the above described class, i'm able to see them all correctly.
> But as soon as i click on one of them i get the following error:
>
> MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of "allPrimitiveAttributes" is nil
>
> I guess the new class has not been recognized as being part of the moose meta-model. Am i wrong ?
> Did i forget any pragma ?
>

> Andrea Caracciolo

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every now and then stop and ask yourself if the war you're fighting is the right one."

Re: Moose meta-model extension

Andrea Caracciolo
That makes sense :)
I really couldn't figure out why it was not working.

Thanks for helping me.

AC

On Jun 5, 2012, at 5:01 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Nice to meet you on this mailing list, too :).
>
> You should also reinitialize the meta descriptions:
> MooseModel resetMeta.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 5 Jun 2012, at 16:54, Andrea Caracciolo wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm writing to this mailing list for the first time, so let me shortly introduce myself: I'm a PhD student at SCG (prof. O. Nierstrasz / University of Bern) and i'm currently working on architecture validation.
>>
>> I recently started a little project (a more flexible and generic version of moose chef), and since i wanted to display my output in moose i tried to build an extension to the moose meta-model.
>> What i did was creating a new class named FAMIXLiftedAssociation which extends FAMIXAssociation and has a 'from' and to 'to' attribute.
>>
>> I defined the following methods:

>> <MSEProperty: #to type: #MooseEntity>
>> <MSEComment: 'to-side of the association'>
>> ^ to.
>>
>> from
>> <MSEProperty: #from type: #MooseEntity>
>> <MSEComment: 'from-side of the association'>
>> ^ from
>>
>> where both 'from' and 'to' attributes are MooseEntity objects.
>>
>> On the class side i redefined:
>>
>> annotation
>> <MSEClass: #FAMIXLiftedAssociation  super: #FAMIXAssociation>
>> <package: #FAMIX>
>> ^self
>>
>> When i try to browse a group populated with instances of the above described class, i'm able to see them all correctly.
>> But as soon as i click on one of them i get the following error:
>>
>> MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of "allPrimitiveAttributes" is nil
>>
>> I guess the new class has not been recognized as being part of the moose meta-model. Am i wrong ?
>> Did i forget any pragma ?
>>

>> Andrea Caracciolo

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every now and then stop and ask yourself if the war you're fighting is the right one."

Re: Moose meta-model extension

abergel
Welcome Andrea!!!

Alexandre