Moose on Pharo on Debian on Netbook

Alberto Bacchelli
Hi,

 As the subject suggests I'm trying to install Moose on the latest
image of Pharo
available on the website.

Even though I follow the instruction and I do first:

DEVImageWorkspaces openExternalProjectWorkspace

then, on the new window, I do:

Gofer new
                squeaksource: 'Moose';
                package: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
        load.

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose) perform: #loadDefault.

After some time, after installing some components,
the procedure is blocked trying to compile something
(maybe something related to: MOFeatureCollection>>hausdorffDistance).

You can see a screenshot of the exact point here:
http://www.inf.usi.ch/phd/bacchelli/Screenshot.png

I am trying to use Pharo on a 32-bit Debian Linux
(testing with kernel 2.6.32-3-686), on a HP Mini 5102 netbook.

Could you please give me some suggestions on
how to solve this blocking problem?

Thank you in advance,
Alberto

Re: Moose on Pharo on Debian on Netbook

Tudor Girba
Hi Alberto,

Strange. I just tried in RC4 and it worked. I know that RC3, the one
you used, had some problems, but it should not get blocked.

In any case, please take the nightly build from here:
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip

This should be a good starting point.

Cheers,
Doru

On 3 Apr 2010, at 00:27, Alberto Bacchelli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As the subject suggests I'm trying to install Moose on the latest
> image of Pharo
> available on the website.
>
> Even though I follow the instruction and I do first:
>
> DEVImageWorkspaces openExternalProjectWorkspace
>
> then, on the new window, I do:
>
> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'Moose';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
> load.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose) perform: #loadDefault.
>
> After some time, after installing some components,
> the procedure is blocked trying to compile something
> (maybe something related to: MOFeatureCollection>>hausdorffDistance).
>
> You can see a screenshot of the exact point here:
> http://www.inf.usi.ch/phd/bacchelli/Screenshot.png
>
> I am trying to use Pharo on a 32-bit Debian Linux
> (testing with kernel 2.6.32-3-686), on a HP Mini 5102 netbook.
>
> Could you please give me some suggestions on
> how to solve this blocking problem?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Alberto

www.tudorgirba.com

"Value is always contextual."

Re: Moose on Pharo on Debian on Netbook

Tudor Girba
Hi again,

I tried in RC3, and it only apparently blocks for a while, but it
finally works.

In any case, I now changed the hudson server to be based on the latest
Pharo-1.0-10517-rc4dev10.04.1. It's building now a new version :).

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Sometimes the best solution is not the best solution."