Moose properties rationale pub?

jfabry
Hi all,

still looking for stuff: Is there a rationale written down for the moose properties mechanism? I'm using it, I like it, but I'd like to know (and cite) why it was originally implemented.

Thanks in advance!
--
Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry

Re: Moose properties rationale pub?

Tudor Girba
You can use this one:
http://www.moosetechnology.org/publications/bib?query=Duca08a&display=abstract

Doru

On 12 Jan 2011, at 16:01, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> still looking for stuff: Is there a rationale written down for the moose properties mechanism? I'm using it, I like it, but I'd like to know (and cite) why it was originally implemented.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

www.tudorgirba.com

"Sometimes the best solution is not the best solution."

Re: Moose properties rationale pub?

jfabry

Doru, thanks for all the refs! I must admit I am having problems digesting this one though, I guess my modeling knowledge is lacking. I'll have to read it slowly and in depth to really understand the properties mechanism ...

On 12 Jan 2011, at 15:04, Tudor Girba wrote:

> You can use this one:
> http://www.moosetechnology.org/publications/bib?query=Duca08a&display=abstract
>
> Doru
>

> On 12 Jan 2011, at 16:01, Johan Fabry wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> still looking for stuff: Is there a rationale written down for the moose properties mechanism? I'm using it, I like it, but I'd like to know (and cite) why it was originally implemented.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>> --
>> Johan Fabry
>> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
>> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Sometimes the best solution is not the best solution."

Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Moose properties rationale pub?

Tudor Girba
Actually, this is a bit out of date (based on Meta instead of Fame), but the principles still remain.

Cheers,
Doru

On 13 Jan 2011, at 20:28, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Doru, thanks for all the refs! I must admit I am having problems digesting this one though, I guess my modeling knowledge is lacking. I'll have to read it slowly and in depth to really understand the properties mechanism ...
>
> On 12 Jan 2011, at 15:04, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> You can use this one:
>> http://www.moosetechnology.org/publications/bib?query=Duca08a&display=abstract
>>
>> Doru
>>

>> On 12 Jan 2011, at 16:01, Johan Fabry wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> still looking for stuff: Is there a rationale written down for the moose properties mechanism? I'm using it, I like it, but I'd like to know (and cite) why it was originally implemented.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>> --
>>> Johan Fabry
>>> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
>>> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Sometimes the best solution is not the best solution."

> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."