Moose script for release

Laval Jannik-2
Hi Doru,

Does a script exist to generate the moose image ?
I need it to push the release :)

Before, I should fix the metacello script.

Cheers
---
Jannik Laval

Re: Moose script for release

Tudor Girba
Hi,

Is the Metacello version done?

Cheers,
Doru

On 1 Jun 2010, at 21:42, Laval Jannik wrote:

> Hi Doru,
>
> Does a script exist to generate the moose image ?
> I need it to push the release :)
>
> Before, I should fix the metacello script.
>
> Cheers
> ---
> Jannik Laval

www.tudorgirba.com

"We are all great at making mistakes."

Re: Moose script for release

jannik laval
Hi doru,

I have created the version "4.0-release"
It should work, but I can test it only tomorrow morning.

Cheers,

On Jun 1, 2010, at 22:20 , Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is the Metacello version done?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 1 Jun 2010, at 21:42, Laval Jannik wrote:
>
>> Hi Doru,
>>
>> Does a script exist to generate the moose image ?
>> I need it to push the release :)
>>
>> Before, I should fix the metacello script.
>>
>> Cheers
>> ---
>> Jannik Laval

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We are all great at making mistakes."

---
Jannik Laval

Re: Moose script for release

jannik laval
Hi Doru,

I am pushing the release 4.0.
The script is done.

Now, I see there are some undeclared elements:

====
MALattice>>arrange (FigureGroup is Undeclared)
MALattice>>arrange (FigureGroup is Undeclared)
TheRoot>>accessingUnknowVariable (york is Undeclared)
DSMMatrix>>exportAsGraphViz (GraphViz is Undeclared)
DudeCVSAnnotateCleaner class>>parse:andStoreTo:inModel: (Developer is Undeclared)
DudeDummyModel>>entityWithName: (DummyEntity is Undeclared)
GLMMorphicRenderer>>renderMagrittePresentation: (MASilentContainerMorph is Undeclared)
HapaxMatrix class>>readFromDenseBinary: (NetworkByteOrderStream is Undeclared)
HapaxMatrix>>storeSparseBinaryOn: (NetworkByteOrderStream is Undeclared)
LANInterface>>addresseesMenu (MenuBuilder is Undeclared)
LANInterface>>changedNode (MenuBuilder is Undeclared)
LANInterface>>deviceNameMenu (Menu is Undeclared)
LANInterface>>originatorsMenu (MenuBuilder is Undeclared)
MAFormalContext class>>benchmark (Core is Undeclared)
MAFormalContext class>>benchmark (SCG is Undeclared)
MAMatrix class>>readFromDenseBinary: (NetworkByteOrderStream is Undeclared)
MAMatrix>>storeSparseBinaryOn: (NetworkByteOrderStream is Undeclared)
MAMatrix>>storeTransposedSparseBinaryOn: (NetworkByteOrderStream is Undeclared)
MOCorrelationSquare>>asImage (Image is Undeclared)
MOCorrelationSquare>>asImage (FixedPalette is Undeclared)
MOLocalSpringLayout>>initialize (orders is Undeclared)
MOClusterEngine>>performClusteringShowProgress: (Notice is Undeclared)
MOMapElement>>properties (properties is Undeclared)
MOMapElement>>properties (properties is Undeclared)
MOMapElement>>properties: (properties is Undeclared)
DudeMultiplication>>browseDuplicationText (MooseTextEditor is Undeclared)
DudeMultiplication>>browseDuplicationText (ScheduledWindow is Undeclared)
HismoClassHistory class>>lateBornHistoryExpression (CFNamedOperator is Undeclared)
HismoClassHistory class>>lateBornHistoryExpression (CFBlockOperator is Undeclared)
HismoClassHistory class>>removedHistoryExpression (CFNamedOperator is Undeclared)
HismoClassHistory class>>removedHistoryExpression (CFBlockOperator is Undeclared)
CompositePart>>newTabGroupBoxFor: (LinkedTabGroupMorph is Undeclared)
MATerms>>showTermCloud (LayoutBox is Undeclared)
MATerms>>showTermCloud (LabelFigure is Undeclared)
====

We should fix them before release I think.

Cheers

On Jun 1, 2010, at 22:20 , Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is the Metacello version done?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 1 Jun 2010, at 21:42, Laval Jannik wrote:
>
>> Hi Doru,
>>
>> Does a script exist to generate the moose image ?
>> I need it to push the release :)
>>
>> Before, I should fix the metacello script.
>>
>> Cheers
>> ---
>> Jannik Laval

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We are all great at making mistakes."

---
Jannik Laval

Re: Moose script for release

Laval Jannik-2
Hi all,

The script for release of Moose is available.
For undeclared elements, I have updated the bugtracker (issue 346), which should be done for 4.1

===
Gofer new
squeaksource: 'Moose';
package: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose) perform: #loadRelease40.
===

Now, we should do the one-click image and an announce.

Cheers,
Jannik

On Jun 2, 2010, at 10:10 , Laval Jannik wrote:

> [...]
> HismoClassHistory class>>removedHistoryExpression (CFNamedOperator is Undeclared)
> HismoClassHistory class>>removedHistoryExpression (CFBlockOperator is Undeclared)
> CompositePart>>newTabGroupBoxFor: (LinkedTabGroupMorph is Undeclared)
> MATerms>>showTermCloud (LayoutBox is Undeclared)
> MATerms>>showTermCloud (LabelFigure is Undeclared)
> ====
>
> We should fix them before release I think.
>
> Cheers
>
> On Jun 1, 2010, at 22:20 , Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is the Metacello version done?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 1 Jun 2010, at 21:42, Laval Jannik wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Doru,
>>>
>>> Does a script exist to generate the moose image ?
>>> I need it to push the release :)
>>>
>>> Before, I should fix the metacello script.

---
Jannik Laval

Re: Moose script for release

Stéphane Ducasse
cool

I hope to get soon a version of Pharo 1.1 :)

Stef

On Jun 2, 2010, at 11:25 AM, Laval Jannik wrote:

> [...]
>> MOMapElement>>properties: (properties is Undeclared)
>> DudeMultiplication>>browseDuplicationText (MooseTextEditor is Undeclared)
>> DudeMultiplication>>browseDuplicationText (ScheduledWindow is Undeclared)
>> HismoClassHistory class>>lateBornHistoryExpression (CFNamedOperator is Undeclared)
>> HismoClassHistory class>>lateBornHistoryExpression (CFBlockOperator is Undeclared)
>> HismoClassHistory class>>removedHistoryExpression (CFNamedOperator is Undeclared)
>> HismoClassHistory class>>removedHistoryExpression (CFBlockOperator is Undeclared)
>> CompositePart>>newTabGroupBoxFor: (LinkedTabGroupMorph is Undeclared)
>> MATerms>>showTermCloud (LayoutBox is Undeclared)
>> MATerms>>showTermCloud (LabelFigure is Undeclared)
>> ====
>>
>> We should fix them before release I think.
>>
>> Cheers

Re: Moose script for release

jannik laval
Hi Doru,

With Simon we have worked on release40.
I think it is ready: it load, all tests pass.

Cheers,
Jannik

On Jun 2, 2010, at 12:48 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> [...]
>>> MOMapElement>>properties (properties is Undeclared)
>>> MOMapElement>>properties: (properties is Undeclared)
>>> DudeMultiplication>>browseDuplicationText (MooseTextEditor is Undeclared)
>>> DudeMultiplication>>browseDuplicationText (ScheduledWindow is Undeclared)
>>> HismoClassHistory class>>lateBornHistoryExpression (CFNamedOperator is Undeclared)
>>> HismoClassHistory class>>lateBornHistoryExpression (CFBlockOperator is Undeclared)
>>> HismoClassHistory class>>removedHistoryExpression (CFNamedOperator is Undeclared)
>>> HismoClassHistory class>>removedHistoryExpression (CFBlockOperator is Undeclared)
>>> CompositePart>>newTabGroupBoxFor: (LinkedTabGroupMorph is Undeclared)
>>> MATerms>>showTermCloud (LayoutBox is Undeclared)
>>> MATerms>>showTermCloud (LabelFigure is Undeclared)
>>> ====
>>>
>>> We should fix them before release I think.

---
Jannik Laval

Re: Moose script for release

Alexandre Bergel-4
> I hope to get soon a version of Pharo 1.1 :)

Last time I tried, some tests were red and yellow.

Cheers,
Alexandre

> [...]
>>> MOMapElement>>properties (properties is Undeclared)
>>> MOMapElement>>properties: (properties is Undeclared)
>>> DudeMultiplication>>browseDuplicationText (MooseTextEditor is Undeclared)
>>> DudeMultiplication>>browseDuplicationText (ScheduledWindow is Undeclared)
>>> HismoClassHistory class>>lateBornHistoryExpression (CFNamedOperator is Undeclared)
>>> HismoClassHistory class>>lateBornHistoryExpression (CFBlockOperator is Undeclared)
>>> HismoClassHistory class>>removedHistoryExpression (CFNamedOperator is Undeclared)
>>> HismoClassHistory class>>removedHistoryExpression (CFBlockOperator is Undeclared)
>>> CompositePart>>newTabGroupBoxFor: (LinkedTabGroupMorph is Undeclared)
>>> MATerms>>showTermCloud (LayoutBox is Undeclared)
>>> MATerms>>showTermCloud (LabelFigure is Undeclared)
>>> ====
>>>
>>> We should fix them before release I think.

Re: Moose script for release

Tudor Girba
Once we finish the 4.0 release, I would like to move to 1.1 as soon as
possible.

Doru

On 2 Jun 2010, at 17:40, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

>> I hope to get soon a version of Pharo 1.1 :)
>
> Last time I tried, some tests were red and yellow.
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

>> Stef
>>

>> On Jun 2, 2010, at 11:25 AM, Laval Jannik wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> The script for release of Moose is available.
>>> For undeclared elements, I have updated the bugtracker (issue
>>> 346), which should be done for 4.1
>>>
>>> ===
>>> Gofer new
>>> squeaksource: 'Moose';
>>> package: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
>>> load.
>>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose) perform: #loadRelease40.
>>> ===
>>>
>>> Now, we should do the one-click image and an announce.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jannik

>>> ---
>>> Jannik Laval

www.tudorgirba.com

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

Re: Moose script for release

Tudor Girba
Great. I am now loading it, I will test it briefly and then produce
the one click bundle.

I will get back with news in a short while.

Cheers,
Doru

On 2 Jun 2010, at 15:01, Laval Jannik wrote:

> Hi Doru,
>
> With Simon we have worked on release40.
> I think it is ready: it load, all tests pass.
>
> Cheers,
> Jannik
>
> On Jun 2, 2010, at 12:48 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> cool
>>
>> I hope to get soon a version of Pharo 1.1 :)
>>
>> Stef
>>

>> On Jun 2, 2010, at 11:25 AM, Laval Jannik wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> The script for release of Moose is available.
>>> For undeclared elements, I have updated the bugtracker (issue
>>> 346), which should be done for 4.1
>>>
>>> ===
>>> Gofer new
>>> squeaksource: 'Moose';
>>> package: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
>>> load.
>>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose) perform: #loadRelease40.
>>> ===
>>>
>>> Now, we should do the one-click image and an announce.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jannik

>>> ---
>>> Jannik Laval

> ---
> Jannik Laval

www.tudorgirba.com

"Don't give to get. Just give."

Re: Moose script for release

Mariano Martinez Peck
I am using Moose in Pharo 1.1 since 2 weeks. Ok, only DistributionMaps ;)
but the Metacello conf load perfectly

cheers

mariano

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I put together a one-click image. I tested it on Mac and on Windows
and it looks Ok. Could anyone test it on a Linux machine?

The download is not yet public. To test it, you can try it here:
http://moosetechnology.org/res/download/moose-suite-4_0.app.zip

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Don't give to get. Just give."

Re: Moose script for release

jfabry
Hi Doru,

thanks for making the one-click image. I just tried it (on my mac, not linux, sorry) and it seems to work fine. Even more important for me is that AspectMaps works OK in it :-)

I wonder, to make an AspectMaps one-click image, can I just load AM in that image, save it, and redistribute that ?

--
Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry

Re: Moose script for release

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jun 2, 2010, at 9:25 PM, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Hi Doru,
>
> thanks for making the one-click image. I just tried it (on my mac, not linux, sorry) and it seems to work fine. Even more important for me is that AspectMaps works OK in it :-)
>
> I wonder, to make an AspectMaps one-click image, can I just load AM in that image, save it, and redistribute that ?

yes
easy no :)

> On 02 Jun 2010, at 14:19, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I put together a one-click image. I tested it on Mac and on Windows and it looks Ok. Could anyone test it on a Linux machine?
>>
>> The download is not yet public. To test it, you can try it here:
>> http://moosetechnology.org/res/download/moose-suite-4_0.app.zip
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Moose script for release

Tudor Girba
Great. Lukas tested it on Ubuntu and it works, so we can now just
release it :).

Regarding your AM one-click image, yes, it should just work in that
way. I would just kindly ask to make clear in the workspace or
something, that it is the default Moose distribution with an add-on.

Cheers,
Doru

On 2 Jun 2010, at 21:32, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2010, at 9:25 PM, Johan Fabry wrote:
>
>> Hi Doru,
>>
>> thanks for making the one-click image. I just tried it (on my mac,
>> not linux, sorry) and it seems to work fine. Even more important
>> for me is that AspectMaps works OK in it :-)
>>
>> I wonder, to make an AspectMaps one-click image, can I just load AM
>> in that image, save it, and redistribute that ?
>
> yes
> easy no :)
>

>> On 02 Jun 2010, at 14:19, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I put together a one-click image. I tested it on Mac and on
>>> Windows and it looks Ok. Could anyone test it on a Linux machine?
>>>
>>> The download is not yet public. To test it, you can try it here:
>>> http://moosetechnology.org/res/download/moose-suite-4_0.app.zip
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>
>> --
>> Johan Fabry
>> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
>> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of
problem understanding."

Re: Moose script for release

Simon Denier-3

On 2 juin 2010, at 19:29, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

I am using Moose in Pharo 1.1 since 2 weeks. Ok, only DistributionMaps ;)
but the Metacello conf load perfectly

Does that mean you have a working config to make a dev image from a PharoCore?

[...]

 Simon

Re: Moose script for release

jfabry

Great that that works. I'll definitely include an explanation of how the one-click was made, I won't even remove the moose logo ;-)

On 02 Jun 2010, at 15:42, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Regarding your AM one-click image, yes, it should just work in that way. I would just kindly ask to make clear in the workspace or something, that it is the default Moose distribution with an add-on.

--
Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Moose script for release

Alexandre Bergel-4
> On 2 juin 2010, at 19:29, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
>> I am using Moose in Pharo 1.1 since 2 weeks. Ok, only DistributionMaps ;)
>> but the Metacello conf load perfectly
>

> Does that mean you have a working config to make a dev image from a PharoCore?

Yes, we fixed the necessary applications and updated the configuration. Just load the configuration from MetacelloRepository. ConfigurationOfPharo.

Cheers,
Alexandre

> [...]
>> HismoClassHistory class>>removedHistoryExpression (CFNamedOperator is Undeclared)
>> HismoClassHistory class>>removedHistoryExpression (CFBlockOperator is Undeclared)
>> CompositePart>>newTabGroupBoxFor: (LinkedTabGroupMorph is Undeclared)
>> MATerms>>showTermCloud (LayoutBox is Undeclared)
>> MATerms>>showTermCloud (LabelFigure is Undeclared)
>> ====
>>
>> We should fix them before release I think.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> On Jun 1, 2010, at 22:20 , Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is the Metacello version done?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 1 Jun 2010, at 21:42, Laval Jannik wrote:
>>
>> Hi Doru,
>>
>> Does a script exist to generate the moose image ?
>> I need it to push the release :)
>>
>> Before, I should fix the metacello script.

Re: Moose script for release

Alexandre Bergel-4
It works fine. I was able to load a medium-sized Java project in it.
It is nice to see the extension of FAMIX for the exception. Maybe a better mooseName could be defined ?

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 2 Jun 2010, at 14:19, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I put together a one-click image. I tested it on Mac and on Windows and it looks Ok. Could anyone test it on a Linux machine?
>
> The download is not yet public. To test it, you can try it here:
> http://moosetechnology.org/res/download/moose-suite-4_0.app.zip
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 2 Jun 2010, at 17:45, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Great. I am now loading it, I will test it briefly and then produce the one click bundle.
>>
>> I will get back with news in a short while.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 2 Jun 2010, at 15:01, Laval Jannik wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Doru,
>>>
>>> With Simon we have worked on release40.
>>> I think it is ready: it load, all tests pass.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jannik

>>> ---
>>> Jannik Laval

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Don't give to get. Just give."
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Don't give to get. Just give."

Screen shot 2010-06-06 at 20.35.48.png (187K) Download Attachment