Moose to analyse Java code

HilaireFernandes
Hello,

A friend told me one of his student need to understand the flow of
OpenStreepMap java code. Of course I told him about Moose, but I am not
sure I provide him enough guidance to get his student started with moose
(zero knowledge).

What will be the practical step to get started for a total novice on
Moose/Pharo (I can give the initial step related to the Pharo
environment, so no need to mention it) ?

If such information exists, just point it to me, but I did not find
after a small search. I just read it is possible
(http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/moose-custom-analyses-made-easy/), but
I bet such step by step guidance, will be very useful to let novice on
Pharo get started and is a way to attract more easily new users.

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Moose to analyse Java code

abergel
Hi Hilaire!

The very first step, is to obtain a .MSE file from the Java code. MSE is what Moose can eat.
I can produce one or maybe the Synectique guys can provide a license for you.

Best is to do it step by step. Ask the student to interact in the Moose mailing list. it will all make things easier.

So, to begins with, I can produce a MSE file for you. Where are the source code?

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu