Moose vs KDM

Michele Lanza-2
Dear all,
recently I've come across the KDM (Knowledge Discovery Metamodel) on a couple of occasions. KDM is defined by its maker OMG as "a common intermediate representation for existing software systems and their operating environments, that defines common metadata required for deep semantic integration of Application Lifecycle Management tools".

See http://www.omg.org/technology/kdm/index.htm and http://www.omg.org/spec/KDM/1.0/PDF/

Reverse engineering tools are cropping up claiming they're KDM-compatible (whatever that means). I must admit I was not aware of KDM up until very recently, although it seems to have been around since 2008.
My question is: is any Mooser looking into KDM? If not it might be worth a shot, even if only for a Bachelor project, just to understand what is there and what it could mean for Moose.

Cheers

Michele

PS. This is not a "please look into it" message, as I can already anticipate a "why the hell don't you do it yourself" reply. It's a general "heads up" about something that may impact Moose in some way. In any case, I'll try to find a student willing to look into this.

Re: Moose vs KDM

Tudor Girba
Hi Michele,

Thanks for the pointer. Sounds interesting. Indeed, I also did not hear of it before :).

Cheers,
Doru

On 28 Apr 2011, at 14:02, Michele Lanza wrote:

> Dear all,
> recently I've come across the KDM (Knowledge Discovery Metamodel) on a couple of occasions. KDM is defined by its maker OMG as "a common intermediate representation for existing software systems and their operating environments, that defines common metadata required for deep semantic integration of Application Lifecycle Management tools".
>
> See http://www.omg.org/technology/kdm/index.htm and http://www.omg.org/spec/KDM/1.0/PDF/
>
> Reverse engineering tools are cropping up claiming they're KDM-compatible (whatever that means). I must admit I was not aware of KDM up until very recently, although it seems to have been around since 2008.
> My question is: is any Mooser looking into KDM? If not it might be worth a shot, even if only for a Bachelor project, just to understand what is there and what it could mean for Moose.
>
> Cheers
>
> Michele
>
> PS. This is not a "please look into it" message, as I can already anticipate a "why the hell don't you do it yourself" reply. It's a general "heads up" about something that may impact Moose in some way. In any case, I'll try to find a student willing to look into this.

www.tudorgirba.com

"Don't give to get. Just give."