MooseChef: TypeDeclaration virtual association

MooseChef: TypeDeclaration virtual association

Nicolas Anquetil
With The aid of Andre, we finished creating the TypeDeclaration virtual
association in MooseChef (see also
http://moose-dev.97923.n3.nabble.com/Several-modifications-to-MooseChef-tp3561118.html).
We also created a queryIncoming/OutgoingDependencies that will gather
all dependencies from a model:
allAssociations (real association from Famix) + TypeDeclarations
(virtual association that is "hidden" like the type of a variable).

The MooseChef documentation should be updated accordingly (see "<added>"
markers for additional stuff):

---

** Primitive queries return associations

Primitive queries return a set of dependencies related to the receiver.
Such dependencies are represented by instances of FAMIXAssociation:
invocations, accesses, inheritances, and references.
<added>
MooseChef also recognizes an association that does not exists as such in
Famix: TypeDeclaration.
It exists only for statically typed languages and relates a variable
(FAMIXStructuralEntity) to its type, or a method to its return type.
<added/>

receiver queryAllIncomingInvocations
          querySureIncomingInvocations
          queryIncomingAccesses
          queryIncomingReferences
          queryIncomingInheritances
<added>
          queryIncomingTypeDeclarations
<added/>

receiver queryAllOutgoingInvocations
          querySureOutgoingInvocations
          queryOutgoingAccesses
          queryOutgoingReferences
          queryOutgoingInheritances
<added>
          queryOutgoingTypeDeclarations
<added/>

[...]

Some composite queries are also defined on top

static associations = accesses + references + inheritances
sure associations = static + sure invocations
all associations = static + invocations
<added>
dependencies = all associations + typeDeclaration
<added/>
---

There are still some additional hidden dependencies in Famix as
discussed in
http://moose-dev.97923.n3.nabble.com/MooseChef-hidden-dependencies-tp3548952.html

tests are green (in my image)

nicolas

Re: MooseChef: TypeDeclaration virtual association

Tudor Girba-2
Excellent!

And thanks for adding a test as well.

This is an important addition. Could you please open an issue tracker
for this issue and mark it for 4.7? Like this we can keep track of
what has been done in the release.

We should also add another set of dependencies induced by definition
and usage of annotations and exceptions.

Cheers,
Doru

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Nicolas Anquetil
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> With The aid of Andre, we finished creating the TypeDeclaration virtual
> association in MooseChef (see also
> http://moose-dev.97923.n3.nabble.com/Several-modifications-to-MooseChef-tp3561118.html).
> We also created a queryIncoming/OutgoingDependencies that will gather all
> dependencies from a model:
> allAssociations (real association from Famix) + TypeDeclarations (virtual
> association that is "hidden" like the type of a variable).
>
> The MooseChef documentation should be updated accordingly (see "<added>"
> markers for additional stuff):
>
> ---
>
> ** Primitive queries return associations
>
> Primitive queries return a set of dependencies related to the receiver. Such
> dependencies are represented by instances of FAMIXAssociation: invocations,
> accesses, inheritances, and references.
> <added>
> MooseChef also recognizes an association that does not exists as such in
> Famix: TypeDeclaration.
> It exists only for statically typed languages and relates a variable
> (FAMIXStructuralEntity) to its type, or a method to its return type.
> <added/>
>
> receiver queryAllIncomingInvocations
>          querySureIncomingInvocations
>          queryIncomingAccesses
>          queryIncomingReferences
>          queryIncomingInheritances
> <added>
>          queryIncomingTypeDeclarations
> <added/>
>
> receiver queryAllOutgoingInvocations
>          querySureOutgoingInvocations
>          queryOutgoingAccesses
>          queryOutgoingReferences
>          queryOutgoingInheritances
> <added>
>          queryOutgoingTypeDeclarations
> <added/>
>
> [...]
>
> Some composite queries are also defined on top
>
> static associations = accesses + references + inheritances
> sure associations = static + sure invocations
> all associations = static + invocations
> <added>
> dependencies = all associations + typeDeclaration
> <added/>
> ---
>
> There are still some additional hidden dependencies in Famix as discussed in
> http://moose-dev.97923.n3.nabble.com/MooseChef-hidden-dependencies-tp3548952.html
>
> tests are green (in my image)
>
> nicolas

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

On 25/07/12 12:40, Tudor Girba wrote:
> Excellent!
>
> And thanks for adding a test as well.
>
> This is an important addition. Could you please open an issue tracker
> for this issue and mark it for 4.7? Like this we can keep track of
> what has been done in the release.
A closed issue for introduction of TypeDeclaration in Moosechef? ...
> We should also add another set of dependencies induced by definition
> and usage of annotations and exceptions.
... or an open issue for these other dependencies?
> Cheers,
> Doru

nicolas

Re: MooseChef: TypeDeclaration virtual association

Tudor Girba-2
Two issues: one fixed and one open.

Please :)

Doru

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Nicolas Anquetil
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 25/07/12 12:40, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>> Excellent!
>>
>> And thanks for adding a test as well.
>>
>> This is an important addition. Could you please open an issue tracker
>> for this issue and mark it for 4.7? Like this we can keep track of
>> what has been done in the release.
>
> A closed issue for introduction of TypeDeclaration in Moosechef? ...
>
>> We should also add another set of dependencies induced by definition
>> and usage of annotations and exceptions.
>
> ... or an open issue for these other dependencies?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>

> nicolas

www.tudorgirba.com