MoosePanel - ImportFromSmalltalkImage Icon

MoosePanel - ImportFromSmalltalkImage Icon

cdelaunay
Hello,

Stephane would really like to change the 'Mickey mouse' icon used to import from smalltalk image.
I'm looking for new icons here: http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons.
I don't know what could be used as icon, in a sensefull way ?
I was thinking about a kind of 'add-package' icon, to build a model by selecting packages from the image. What do you think ?

Re: MoosePanel - ImportFromSmalltalkImage Icon

Simon Denier-3

On 18 mai 2010, at 14:51, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

Hello,

Stephane would really like to change the 'Mickey mouse' icon used to import from smalltalk image.
I'm looking for new icons here: http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons.
I don't know what could be used as icon, in a sensefull way ?

package icon + arrow (take a quick look also on google images to get ideas)

I was thinking about a kind of 'add-package' icon, to build a model by selecting packages from the image. What do you think ?

One could use the MenuIcons smallExportIcon even if the name is misleading (the icon can be interpreted both ways).

But it would be good to add new icons to Pharo (question: how to import an icon as a binary object from an external image?).

--
 Simon (musing in the train station)

Re: MoosePanel - ImportFromSmalltalkImage Icon

cdelaunay
I gave a try. You can test it by loading the last version of moose.
To import an icon from a gif image (in the current rpository):

            MenuIcons class >> importIconNamed:

this will generate a method in trhe class side of MenuIcons.

2010/5/18 Simon Denier <[hidden email]>

[...]

Tudor Girba
I actually wanted a Pharo icon but could not find one. Is there one?
If not, please tell Stéphane he should provide one :)

Cheers,
Doru

On 18 May 2010, at 15:33, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> I gave a try. You can test it by loading the last version of moose.
> To import an icon from a gif image (in the current rpository):
>
>             MenuIcons class >> importIconNamed:
>
> this will generate a method in trhe class side of MenuIcons.
>
> 2010/5/18 Simon Denier <[hidden email]>
>
> On 18 mai 2010, at 14:51, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Stephane would really like to change the 'Mickey mouse' icon used
>> to import from smalltalk image.
>> I'm looking for new icons here: http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons.
>> I don't know what could be used as icon, in a sensefull way ?
>
> package icon + arrow (take a quick look also on google images to get
> ideas)
>
>> I was thinking about a kind of 'add-package' icon, to build a model
>> by selecting packages from the image. What do you think ?
>

> One could use the MenuIcons smallExportIcon even if the name is
> misleading (the icon can be interpreted both ways).
>
> But it would be good to add new icons to Pharo (question: how to
> import an icon as a binary object from an external image?).
>
> --
>  Simon (musing in the train station)

www.tudorgirba.com

"Speaking louder won't make the point worthier."

Re: MoosePanel - ImportFromSmalltalkImage Icon

Stéphane Ducasse
have a look on the forge in file / media the icons