Mootools and Prototype incompatiblity

Sebastia Van Lacke
Hi, I have included some effects with Motools, and now I have to do something with ajax on the same component. The problems is that Ajax stop working if I load the Mootols library.
I have readed that there is an incompatiblity between Mootools and Prototype, and there are some hacks to solve it. anyone knows something about it??

Thanks

Sebastian

sebastian  van lacke | developer caesar systems | see clearly. decide smarter.

[hidden email] | t: +1.281.598.8790 | t: +54.11.4389.0126 | www.caesarsystems.com

This message and any attached documents contain information from Caesar Systems LLC that may be confidential/trade secret and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute or use this information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by reply e-mail and then delete this message.

RE: Mootools and Prototype incompatiblity

Robert Sirois
Maybe the problem is similar to this one?:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2009-October/021803.html

MooTools is based off of Prototype, btw.

RS

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:58:36 -0300
Subject: [Seaside] Mootools and Prototype incompatiblity

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. <a href='http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/ http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/ ' target='_new'>Sign up now.

RE: Mootools and Prototype incompatiblity

Sebastia Van Lacke
I understand that MooTools is not implementing on Prototype, is a diffent
framework. But maybe both use the same sintax for some functions I don't
know.

Seba

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:45:47 -0700
> From: Robert Sirois <[hidden email]>
> Subject: RE: [Seaside] Mootools and Prototype incompatiblity
> To: <[hidden email]>
>

> Maybe the problem is similar to this one?:
>
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2009-October/021803.html
>
> MooTools is based off of Prototype, btw.
>
> RS
>
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:58:36 -0300
> Subject: [Seaside] Mootools and Prototype incompatiblity
>

> Hi, I have included some effects with Motools, and
> now I have to do something with ajax on the same component. The problems
> is that
> Ajax stop working if I load the Mootols library.
> I have readed that
> there is an incompatiblity between Mootools and Prototype, and there are
> some
> hacks to solve it. anyone knows something about it??
>
> Thanks
>
> Sebastian
>
> sebastian  van lacke | developer |  caesar systems
> | see clearly. decide
> smarter.
> [hidden email] | t: +1.281.598.8790 | t: +54.11.4389.0126
> | www.caesarsystems.com
> This message
> and any attached documents contain information from Caesar Systems LLC
> that may
> be confidential/trade secret and/or privileged. If you are not the
> intended
> recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute or use this information. If
> you
> have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
> immediately
> by telephone or by reply e-mail and then delete this
> message.
> Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection.
>

> End of seaside Digest, Vol 84, Issue 1

RE: Mootools and Prototype incompatiblity

Robert Sirois
I imagine someone can shed more light on this, but there might be a way to change the selector (namespace) like in jQuery such as:

someVar = jQuery.noConflict(true);

(I don't think I got that syntax quite right.)

Sorry I can't help more :/

RS

> From: svanlacke@caesarsystems.com
> To: seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
> Subject: RE: [Seaside] Mootools and Prototype incompatiblity
> Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:14:36 -0300
>
> I understand that MooTools is not implementing on Prototype, is a diffent
> framework. But maybe both use the same sintax for some functions I don't
> know.
>
> Seba
>
> > Message: 3
> > Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:45:47 -0700
> > From: Robert Sirois <watchlala@hotmail.com>
> > Subject: RE: [Seaside] Mootools and Prototype incompatiblity
> > To: <seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org>
> >

> > Maybe the problem is similar to this one?:
> >
> > http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2009-October/021803.html
> >
> > MooTools is based off of Prototype, btw.
> >
> > RS
> >
> > From: svanlacke@caesarsystems.com
> > To: seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
> > Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:58:36 -0300
> > Subject: [Seaside] Mootools and Prototype incompatiblity
> >

> > Hi, I have included some effects with Motools, and
> > now I have to do something with ajax on the same component. The problems
> > is that
> > Ajax stop working if I load the Mootols library.
> > I have readed that
> > there is an incompatiblity between Mootools and Prototype, and there are
> > some
> > hacks to solve it. anyone knows something about it??
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Sebastian
> >
> > sebastian van lacke | developer | caesar systems
> > | see clearly. decide
> > smarter.
> > svanlacke@caesarsystems.com | t: +1.281.598.8790 | t: +54.11.4389.0126
> > | www.caesarsystems.com
> > This message
> > and any attached documents contain information from Caesar Systems LLC
> > that may
> > be confidential/trade secret and/or privileged. If you are not the
> > intended
> > recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute or use this information. If
> > you
> > have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
> > immediately
> > by telephone or by reply e-mail and then delete this
> > message.
> > Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection.
> >

> > End of seaside Digest, Vol 84, Issue 1

Re: Mootools and Prototype incompatiblity

Lukas Renggli
I don't know MooTools, but Google knows a lot about conflicts between
Prototype and MooTools:

http://www.google.com/search?q=prototype+mootools+conflict

Lukas

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch