More Beginning with Pier questions...

SeanTAllen
The gemstone/s port, does it automatically persist to the Gemstone DB?

--

Are there any links for learning about CSS and Pier?
I've been looking at the css and it appears to be blueprint css based.

Re: More Beginning with Pier questions...

Lukas Renggli-2
> The gemstone/s port, does it automatically persist to the Gemstone DB?

Yes.

> I've been looking at the css and it appears to be blueprint css based.
> Are all the css definitions required? How does one know what is needed
> and what isnt?

Pier can produce an infinite space of valid XHTML pages, therefore you
cannot exclude any CSS rule. FireBug tells you what rules are used.
Though, that's an answer for a different question.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Aug 21, 2008, at 4:36 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Pier can produce an infinite space of valid XHTML pages, therefore you
> cannot exclude any CSS rule. FireBug tells you what rules are used.
> Though, that's an answer for a different question.

so basically, use it. see what is in place that hasnt been defined.
makes sense.

Re: More Beginning with Pier questions...

David Zmick
I think I've got Pier css figured out.  The "theme" i have on squeaksource, project, "Pier Templates" is an editing version of everything in the PRBlueprint libraries.  Is that in incorrect way to do it?

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Sean Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Aug 21, 2008, at 4:36 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Pier can produce an infinite space of valid XHTML pages, therefore you
> cannot exclude any CSS rule. FireBug tells you what rules are used.
> Though, that's an answer for a different question.

so basically, use it. see what is in place that hasnt been defined.
makes sense.

David Zmick
/dz0004455\
http://dz0004455.googlepages.com