More named colors

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi

Since for some experiences in moose we needed more named colors
I started to gather together some old extensions and I cleaned the
implementation.
Now we have emacs colors and XKCD i.e around 1600 named colors.

Gofer new
    smalltalkhubUser: 'StephaneDucasse' project: 'Colors';
     package: 'MoreColors'; load.
Color initializeNames

I would really like to see how we can model the notion of color palettes.

Re: More named colors

CyrilFerlicot

On lun. 1 janv. 2018 at 15:32, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Since for some experiences in moose we needed more named colors
I started to gather together some old extensions and I cleaned the
implementation.
Now we have emacs colors and XKCD i.e around 1600 named colors.

Gofer new
    smalltalkhubUser: 'StephaneDucasse' project: 'Colors';
     package: 'MoreColors'; load.
Color initializeNames

I would really like to see how we can model the notion of color palettes.

Hi,

Material Design have some recommandations that are nice.

They recommande to have two colors for an application:
- A primary color
- An accent color

The primary color is the main color of the application and the accent color is to make some highlights (links, important buttons...)

For each color they defined scales. Each color have a code (50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900).

The base code is 500. If you need something "less important", with less contrast, you takes a lower code. For more contrast, you takes a higher code.

Also they have recommendation for text color.

Dependently of the background color they define if the text should be white or black. (This is defined by the luminescence of the color in Pharo). Also, they define different text color if you have a primary text or a secondary text.

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: More named colors

Stephane Ducasse-3
Thanks cyril for the links I will read that.