More relicensing

gcotelli
I noticed the following methods in the dirty list:

BlockContext>>argumentCount
Character class>>codePoint:
Character>>codePoint
Number>>asFloatD
Number>>asFloatE
Number>>asFloatQ

In the last Pharo-Dev there's no senders of that methods.
Can I remove them? Or there's something else I should check?

Gabriel

Re: More relicensing

Mariano Martinez Peck

2009/5/23 Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]>
I noticed the following methods in the dirty list:

BlockContext>>argumentCount

This is probably because now we have BlockClosure (Eliot closure changes). Actually BlockContext>>argumentCount was copied and added recently to BlockClosure. I don't know if BlockContext is still used.

Best,

Mariano

On May 24, 2009, at 2:43 AM, Gabriel Cotelli wrote:

> I noticed the following methods in the dirty list:
>
> BlockContext>>argumentCount
> Character class>>codePoint:
> Character>>codePoint

I would not remove the previous one but rewrite them.

> Number>>asFloatD
> Number>>asFloatE
> Number>>asFloatQ
>
> In the last Pharo-Dev there's no senders of that methods.
> Can I remove them? Or there's something else I should check?
>
> Gabriel

Re: More relicensing

Lukas Renggli
> BlockContext>>argumentCount
> Character class>>codePoint:
> Character>>codePoint
> Number>>asFloatD
> Number>>asFloatE
> Number>>asFloatQ
>
> In the last Pharo-Dev there's no senders of that methods.
> Can I remove them? Or there's something else I should check?

These methods are all part of the ANSI standard. Seaside requires the first 3.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: More relicensing

Lukas Renggli
> This is probably because now we have BlockClosure (Eliot closure changes).
> Actually BlockContext>>argumentCount was copied and added recently to
> BlockClosure. I don't know if BlockContext is still used.

It shouldn't be in use anymore, unless there are old methods in your
image (for example compiled by the "New Compiler"). Please don't
remove BlockContext yet, having it present (even as an empty class)
makes it possible that code can be packaged and loaded for closure and
non-closure images.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: More relicensing

gcotelli
Ok,

I would try to rewrite then
BlockContext>>argumentCount
Character class>>codePoint:
Character>>codePoint

and the following:

 'DictionaryTest' >> testOccurrencesOf
  'DictionaryTest' >> testIncludesAssociationNoValue
         'HeapTest' >> testAdd
         'HeapTest' >> testFirst
         'HeapTest' >> testSortBlock
         'HeapTest' >> testHeap
         'HeapTest' >> testDo
         'HeapTest' >> testRemove
DependentsArray size

I'm stills doubtful about asFloatD/E/Q. Anyone has the ANSI Standard specification?, I don't want to look at the old code to implement the new and from the message names isn't clear to me what is supposed to do.

Thanks, Gabriel

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> BlockContext>>argumentCount
> Character class>>codePoint:
> Character>>codePoint
> Number>>asFloatD
> Number>>asFloatE
> Number>>asFloatQ
>
> In the last Pharo-Dev there's no senders of that methods.
> Can I remove them? Or there's something else I should check?

These methods are all part of the ANSI standard. Seaside requires the first 3.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: More relicensing

Lukas Renggli
> I'm stills doubtful about asFloatD/E/Q.

I've never used these methods either, but they are part of the ANSI
Standard. I think that having an accurate coverage of the standard is
central to Pharo, even if this is not used from within Pharo itself.

> Anyone has the ANSI Standard
> specification?

Ask Google. There is a draft of revision 1.9 online. I don't know if
there are newer versions. Probably not.

> I don't want to look at the old code to implement the new
> and from the message names isn't clear to me what is supposed to do.

#asFloatD/E/Q is the same as #asFloat. This is only meaningful for
Smalltalk that support floats of different sizes.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: More relicensing

johnmci
http://www.smalltalk.org/versions/ANSIStandardSmalltalk.html
also see
http://smalltalk.gnu.org/wiki/ansi-smalltalk-98-errata

On May 24, 2009, at 5:57 PM, Gabriel Cotelli wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I would try to rewrite then
> BlockContext>>argumentCount
> Character class>>codePoint:
> Character>>codePoint
>
> and the following:
>
>  'DictionaryTest' >> testOccurrencesOf
>   'DictionaryTest' >> testIncludesAssociationNoValue
>          'HeapTest' >> testAdd
>          'HeapTest' >> testFirst
>          'HeapTest' >> testSortBlock
>          'HeapTest' >> testHeap
>          'HeapTest' >> testDo
>          'HeapTest' >> testRemove
> DependentsArray size

I fixed them. they were mine.

> I'm stills doubtful about asFloatD/E/Q. Anyone has the ANSI Standard
> specification?, I don't want to look at the old code to implement
> the new and from the message names isn't clear to me what is
> supposed to do.
>
> Thanks, Gabriel
>
> On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > BlockContext>>argumentCount
> > Character class>>codePoint:
> > Character>>codePoint
> > Number>>asFloatD
> > Number>>asFloatE
> > Number>>asFloatQ
> >
> > In the last Pharo-Dev there's no senders of that methods.
> > Can I remove them? Or there's something else I should check?
>
> These methods are all part of the ANSI standard. Seaside requires
> the first 3.
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: More relicensing

gcotelli
Hi Stef,

all the methods below are already fixed or just the second list?

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

On May 24, 2009, at 5:57 PM, Gabriel Cotelli wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I would try to rewrite then
> BlockContext>>argumentCount
> Character class>>codePoint:
> Character>>codePoint
>
> and the following:
>
>  'DictionaryTest' >> testOccurrencesOf
>   'DictionaryTest' >> testIncludesAssociationNoValue
>          'HeapTest' >> testAdd
>          'HeapTest' >> testFirst
>          'HeapTest' >> testSortBlock
>          'HeapTest' >> testHeap
>          'HeapTest' >> testDo
>          'HeapTest' >> testRemove
> DependentsArray size

I fixed them. they were mine.

> I'm stills doubtful about asFloatD/E/Q. Anyone has the ANSI Standard
> specification?, I don't want to look at the old code to implement
> the new and from the message names isn't clear to me what is
> supposed to do.
>
> Thanks, Gabriel
>
> On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > BlockContext>>argumentCount
> > Character class>>codePoint:
> > Character>>codePoint
> > Number>>asFloatD
> > Number>>asFloatE
> > Number>>asFloatQ
> >
> > In the last Pharo-Dev there's no senders of that methods.
> > Can I remove them? Or there's something else I should check?
>
> These methods are all part of the ANSI standard. Seaside requires
> the first 3.
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: More relicensing

Stéphane Ducasse
only the tests one.
All the tests where I wrote that they were from my students are fixed.

Stef