Morph Color

Dan Norton
Greetings,

In Morph>>color we see:
        ^ Color blue

Should morphs always be blue?

We could define #morphColor as a property and have access methods in Morph to manage it
so that optionally, a morph could have any color. Any comment?

Re: Morph Color

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Dan,

On 4/10/2015 2:39 PM, Dan Norton wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> In Morph>>color we see:
> ^ Color blue
>
> Should morphs always be blue?
>
> We could define #morphColor as a property and have access methods in Morph to manage it
> so that optionally, a morph could have any color. Any comment?

Well, Morph is the root of the hierarchy of all graphical objects. But
most objects don't have a single well defined color, but might be
painted with many of them. So making them answer some color is
misleading. In Cuis, RectangleLikeMorph does have an instance var
'color'. Morph not in the RectangleLikeMorph need to decide for
themselves if they care about choosing one specific color to answer, and
implement accordingly.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich