Morph & MVC tutorials

Matias Maretto-2

Hi guys, I have been doing some things with Dolphin, actually feel very confortable with it, but now I am trying to learn Pharo. I have noticed that many things are quite similars,  but others are very differents, one of this things is the Visual Part, can someone point me out some good tutorial for Morph and MVC, I trying to understand the use of these two "worlds" and I want to "play" a little with them.

Thanks.

Matías.

Re: Morph & MVC tutorials

K K Subbu
On Thursday 07 June 2018 03:07 AM, Matias Maretto wrote:
> Hi guys, I have been doing some things with Dolphin, actually feel very
> confortable with it, but now I am trying to learn Pharo. I have noticed
> that many things are quite similars,  but others are very differents,
> one of this things is the Visual Part, can someone point me out some
> good tutorial for Morph and MVC, I trying to understand the use of these
>s two "worlds" and I want to "play" a little with them.

MVC is a dated GUI framework. Morphic is a live and direct graphical
programming framework. A good place to start is chapter 5 in:

  https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/UpdatedPharoByExample

The original paper(?) by John Maloney and Randy Smith is at:

http://web.media.mit.edu/~jmaloney/papers/DirectnessAndLivenessInMorphic.pdf

and a tutorial exploring the basic concepts is at:

http://sdmeta.gforge.inria.fr/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/morphic.final.pdf

HTH .. Subbu

Re: Morph & MVC tutorials

Matias Maretto-2
Great Subbu, thank you for the info. I will start with those docs.

Matias.