MorphTreeMorph>>mouseEnter: broken in Moose

MorphTreeMorph>>mouseEnter: broken in Moose

Oscar Nierstrasz

I get an infinite loop of exceptions in the Moose Finder when I load Moose into the latest Pharo.

LazyMorphTreeMorph does not understand keyboardFocusOnMouseDown ...

Sleuthing shows:

MorphTreeMorph>>mouseEnter: event
        "Changed to take keyboardFocusOnMouseDown preference into account."

        super mouseEnter: event.
        self wantsKeyboardFocus ifFalse: [^self].
        self keyboardFocusOnMouseDown
                ifFalse: [self takeKeyboardFocus]

But keyboardFocusOnMouseDown is not implemented anywhere in the system.

What gives?

Alain, it seems this method comes from you.  What gives?  I am unsure what to do ...

- on

Re: [Moose-dev] MorphTreeMorph>>mouseEnter: broken in Moose

Tudor Girba
Hi Oscar,

Thanks for reporting.

It looks like MorphTreeMorph moved to support Pharo 1.1 and in the
meantime it brakes in 1.0.

I updated ConfigurationOfGlamour to hardcode the version for the
moment when loading the default configuration.

I also released:
- Glamour version: 2.0-beta.2
- Moose version: 4.0-beta.3

Cheers,
Doru

On 18 Dec 2009, at 18:49, Oscar Nierstrasz wrote:

> I get an infinite loop of exceptions in the Moose Finder when I load
> Moose into the latest Pharo.
>
> LazyMorphTreeMorph does not understand keyboardFocusOnMouseDown ...
>
> Sleuthing shows:
>
> MorphTreeMorph>>mouseEnter: event
> "Changed to take keyboardFocusOnMouseDown preference into account."
>
> super mouseEnter: event.
> self wantsKeyboardFocus ifFalse: [^self].
> self keyboardFocusOnMouseDown
> ifFalse: [self takeKeyboardFocus]
>
> But keyboardFocusOnMouseDown is not implemented anywhere in the
> system.
>
> What gives?
>
> Alain, it seems this method comes from you.  What gives?  I am
> unsure what to do ...
>
> - on

www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."

Re: MorphTreeMorph>>mouseEnter: broken in Moose

Alain Plantec-4
Oscar Nierstrasz a écrit :
> I get an infinite loop of exceptions in the Moose Finder when I load Moose into the latest Pharo.
>
> LazyMorphTreeMorph does not understand keyboardFocusOnMouseDown ...
>
> What gives?
>
> Alain, it seems this method comes from you.  What gives?  I am unsure what to do ...

sorry,
It seems that I've misplaced something...
I vill fixe that soon
Alain

Tudor Girba a écrit :
> Hi Oscar,
>
> Thanks for reporting.
>
> It looks like MorphTreeMorph moved to support Pharo 1.1 and in the
> meantime it brakes in 1.0.
I've checked and yes, last MorphTreeMorph from squeaksource is for 1.1.
It is not using Preferences anymore.
I will open a Momo1.0 project on squeaksource so that you don't have to
hardcode the version in your configuration script.

Thanks
Alain