MorphTreeMorph

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

It looks like in the latest Pharo images (both core and dev) the
MorphTreeMorph class is missing. In fact, it looks like the whole
System-Settings package is missing.

Is there a reason for this?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

Re: MorphTreeMorph

Marcus Denker-3

On 07.09.2009, at 20:10, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like in the latest Pharo images (both core and dev) the
> MorphTreeMorph class is missing. In fact, it looks like the whole
> System-Settings package is missing.
>
> Is there a reason for this?

Hello,

The settings were not used and the next version seemingly will change
form an
API perspective.

Of course, I did not know that the package contained widgets that are
used by
others...

Maybe we can move the  MorphTreeMorph class into the package that
contains the
widgets?

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker - http://marcusdenker.de
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: MorphTreeMorph

Alain Plantec-4
Hil all,

MorphTreeMorph and related are still not mature enough to be considered
as part of standard widgets. This is why it is private to the settings
package.
For 1.0, I think it is better to not integrate it
Cheers
Alain

Marcus Denker a écrit :

> On 07.09.2009, at 20:10, Tudor Girba wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> It looks like in the latest Pharo images (both core and dev) the
>> MorphTreeMorph class is missing. In fact, it looks like the whole
>> System-Settings package is missing.
>>
>> Is there a reason for this?
>>

> Hello,
>
> The settings were not used and the next version seemingly will change
> form an
> API perspective.
>
> Of course, I did not know that the package contained widgets that are
> used by
> others...
>
> Maybe we can move the  MorphTreeMorph class into the package that
> contains the
> widgets?
>
> Marcus
>

> --
> Marcus Denker - http://marcusdenker.de
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: MorphTreeMorph

Tudor Girba-3
Aha, thanks for the clarification. In this case, I will just work with
it by loading it from Monticello :).

Cheers,
Doru

On 8 Sep 2009, at 08:48, Alain Plantec wrote:

> Hil all,
>
> MorphTreeMorph and related are still not mature enough to be
> considered
> as part of standard widgets. This is why it is private to the settings
> package.
> For 1.0, I think it is better to not integrate it
> Cheers
> Alain
>
> Marcus Denker a écrit :
>> On 07.09.2009, at 20:10, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It looks like in the latest Pharo images (both core and dev) the
>>> MorphTreeMorph class is missing. In fact, it looks like the whole
>>> System-Settings package is missing.
>>>
>>> Is there a reason for this?
>>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> The settings were not used and the next version seemingly will change
>> form an
>> API perspective.
>>
>> Of course, I did not know that the package contained widgets that are
>> used by
>> others...
>>
>> Maybe we can move the  MorphTreeMorph class into the package that
>> contains the
>> widgets?
>>
>> Marcus
>>

>> --
>> Marcus Denker - http://marcusdenker.de
>> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: MorphTreeMorph

Stéphane Ducasse
Alain
        could not you do a Beta-WidgetsWillBeReadyInNextVersion package :)

Stef

On Sep 8, 2009, at 11:32 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Aha, thanks for the clarification. In this case, I will just work with
> it by loading it from Monticello :).
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 8 Sep 2009, at 08:48, Alain Plantec wrote:
>
>> Hil all,
>>
>> MorphTreeMorph and related are still not mature enough to be
>> considered
>> as part of standard widgets. This is why it is private to the
>> settings
>> package.
>> For 1.0, I think it is better to not integrate it
>> Cheers
>> Alain
>>
>> Marcus Denker a écrit :

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The settings were not used and the next version seemingly will
>>> change
>>> form an
>>> API perspective.
>>>
>>> Of course, I did not know that the package contained widgets that
>>> are
>>> used by
>>> others...
>>>
>>> Maybe we can move the  MorphTreeMorph class into the package that
>>> contains the
>>> widgets?
>>>
>>> Marcus
>>>

>>> --
>>> Marcus Denker - http://marcusdenker.de
>>> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Beauty is where we see it."

Re: MorphTreeMorph

Gary Chambers-4
Or "Experimental" perhaps (like Polymorph...)

Regards, Gary