"Mothers, tell your children not to do what I have done" or How to Crash the Environments Launcher

1 message Options

"Mothers, tell your children not to do what I have done" or How to Crash the Environments Launcher

Richard Sargent
Administrator
It looks like the Environments launcher does not tolerate moving your manager.dat files to a central location.

Doing so poses no problems until you try to add a new development image folder. And then, it has lots of problems! It loops endlessly trying to write recursive walkbacks to Environments-walkback.log.

The initial error is "UndefinedObject does not understand asLowercase".
It starts working on printing the 6th stack frame then gets a new error. The 6th frame reads (as far as it gets):
EpRuntimeStartUp class(EsImageStartUp class)>>#outputWalkback:
  receiver = EpRuntimeStartUp

Then it gets a "Primitive failed in: Process>>#stackAtFrame:offset: due to Value out of range in argument 2" error. And repeats and repeats.

Then it turns into a "(ExCPMStackOverflow) A stack overflow has occurred." and repeats until you kill the process.