Mouse button 2 up event not caught in some versions of Windows

Mouse button 2 up event not caught in some versions of Windows

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Everyone,

One of my programs has some windows with table widgets.  In some of these I catch mouse button 2 up and/or alt-mouse up.  Normally this works just fine but a customer is reporting that on some of their workstations that they call black boxes (the name alone worries me) nothing happens with a  mouse button 2 event.  I may be able to find out more about the black boxes but that may take a while.  The people who report the problem are end users and I'm lucky if they know that they are working on Windows.

Has anyone heard anything like this or have any ideas?

Lou

Re: Mouse button 2 up event not caught in some versions of Windows

Noschvie
Hi Lou
that is interesting, because I have the feeling of problems with the context menu (right mouse button up) of the VAST Organizer and configuration maps browser using VAST 9.1 and Windows 8.1 (have two VMs with Windows 8.1 and one with VAST 9.2 32-bit and one with 9.1 64-bit).
Using Windows 10 and VAST ECAP 9.2 (my notebook) doesn't show this behaviour.
Maybe it's the same, I don't know, maybe it helps
Norbert

Re: Mouse button 2 up event not caught in some versions of Windows

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Norbert,

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention that the program is built with:

VA Smalltalk V8.6.1; Image: 8.6.3 [378]
VM Timestamp: 4.0,(NC) 7/24/2014 (86)

As for your problem, it could be the same cause.  If the VM or image never sees right mouse button up event, then it is as if it never happened.

Lou