Mouse hover detection for Push button?

keith
Is there an easy way to check for when the mouse is hovering over a
ControlView like a pushbutton? I thought the #mouseHovering: event
might do it, but no luck. I can get the pushbutton focus using
#focusGained, but this only works *after* I push the button -- I need
to detect the mouse hover *before* the/a button is pushed.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Keith

Re: Mouse hover detection for Push button?

Blair McGlashan-3
"keith" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Is there an easy way to check for when the mouse is hovering over a
> ControlView like a pushbutton? I thought the #mouseHovering: event
> might do it, but no luck. I can get the pushbutton focus using
> #focusGained, but this only works *after* I push the button -- I need
> to detect the mouse hover *before* the/a button is pushed.
>
> Thoughts?

#mouseHovering: is triggered off a windows message that you must
specifically request through an API call, otherwise you will not receive it.
Start exploring from references to #traceMouseHover:, e.g. in
TabView>>onMouseMoved:, for examples.

Regards

Blair