Move packages in monticello w/o losing history

Move packages in monticello w/o losing history

Guillermo Polito
Hi!

I want to move some packages from a Squeaksource repository to another, but I don't want to lose all the history of the package, so copying the last version does not solve it at all.

Is there nice way to do this?

thanks!
Guille

Re: Move packages in monticello w/o losing history

Dale Henrichs
If I'm not mistaken, Gofer will copy all versions of a package for you ... I think that the 'push' command will do the trick, but reading the method comments makes me think you might have to 'fetch' the versions to your cache, then 'push' them to your destination repository.

Dale

On Feb 3, 2011, at 2:34 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I want to move some packages from a Squeaksource repository to another, but I don't want to lose all the history of the package, so copying the last version does not solve it at all.
>
> Is there nice way to do this?
>
> thanks!
> Guille

Re: Move packages in monticello w/o losing history

guillermo

        fetch the input repository and
        push to the output repository

Gofer
        ; fetch

you will get all the packages of a given project,

Stef