Moving settings to another image

Andres Fortier-2
Hi,
   first of all, sorry if this is a trivial question. I'm starting to
develop in a new image and I would like to move the settings from a
previous one. I was hoping to find something like "import/export
settings". Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks in advance!
Andrés

Re: Moving settings to another image

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Andrés Fortier <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
  first of all, sorry if this is a trivial question. I'm starting to
develop in a new image and I would like to move the settings from a
previous one. I was hoping to find something like "import/export
settings". Is there a way of doing this?

weird...I *was* possible in Pharo 1.3 and I cannot see it since 1.4. It was called "Styles" and it was in the top left of the settings browser.
maybe the functionality is there. I cc'ed Alain.
BTW, but I always do is to script my preferences. See  http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2012/05/19/pharo-tips-and-tricks/
see title "How to script them?"
one you have the script, you can use StartupLoader: http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/startuploader-running-startup-scripts-in-pharo/

Cheers

Thanks in advance!
Andrés

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Moving settings to another image

Andres Fortier-2
Great, thanks Mariano! I'll wait to see if there is an easy way to
import/export and if not I'll go the scripting way.

Cheers,
Andrés

On jue, 2012-06-14 at 21:20 +0200, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Andrés Fortier
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         Hi,
>           first of all, sorry if this is a trivial question. I'm
>         starting to
>         develop in a new image and I would like to move the settings
>         from a
>         previous one. I was hoping to find something like
>         "import/export
>         settings". Is there a way of doing this?
>

> weird...I *was* possible in Pharo 1.3 and I cannot see it since 1.4.
> It was called "Styles" and it was in the top left of the settings
> browser.
> maybe the functionality is there. I cc'ed Alain.
> BTW, but I always do is to script my preferences. See
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2012/05/19/pharo-tips-and-tricks/
> see title "How to script them?"
> one you have the script, you can use StartupLoader:
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/startuploader-running-startup-scripts-in-pharo/
>
> Cheers
>

>         Thanks in advance!
>         Andrés
>

> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Moving settings to another image

Stéphane Ducasse
HI andres

welcome :)
I hope that you are going well.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Andrés Fortier <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great, thanks Mariano! I'll wait to see if there is an easy way to
import/export and if not I'll go the scripting way.

I forgot to cc Alain hahahah

Cheers,
Andrés

On jue, 2012-06-14 at 21:20 +0200, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Andrés Fortier
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         Hi,
>           first of all, sorry if this is a trivial question. I'm
>         starting to
>         develop in a new image and I would like to move the settings
>         from a
>         previous one. I was hoping to find something like
>         "import/export
>         settings". Is there a way of doing this?
>

> weird...I *was* possible in Pharo 1.3 and I cannot see it since 1.4.
> It was called "Styles" and it was in the top left of the settings
> browser.
> maybe the functionality is there. I cc'ed Alain.
> BTW, but I always do is to script my preferences. See
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2012/05/19/pharo-tips-and-tricks/
> see title "How to script them?"
> one you have the script, you can use StartupLoader:
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/startuploader-running-startup-scripts-in-pharo/
>
> Cheers
>

>         Thanks in advance!
>         Andrés
>

> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Moving settings to another image

Andres Fortier-2
Hi Stef, thanks, its nice to be (slowly) back in the Smalltalk world :).
Hope you are fine too.

Cheers,
Andrés

On jue, 2012-06-14 at 22:11 +0200, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> HI andres
>
> welcome :)
> I hope that you are going well.
>
> Stef

Re: Moving settings to another image

Alain Plantec-3
Hi all,
This feature has been removed from the core since 1.4.
Now we can introduce an export based on the style feature.
I will dig a little bit.
Cheers
Alain