Moving the STS repository gives walkback on launch

Moving the STS repository gives walkback on launch

TimM-3
Have logged this one - you get a walkback on launching the image if you have
moved the STS repository instead of being prompted for a new location.

15:05:43, 01 November 2005: Unhandled exception - a Win32Error('The system
cannot find the path specified. (16r3: The system cannot find the path
specified.)')

ODBFileStream class>>createOn:createMode:accessMode:shareMode:cacheMode:
ODBFileStream class>>createOn:createMode:accessMode:shareMode:
ODBFileStream class>>openOn:
ODBIDTable(ODBFile)>>openOn:
ODBIDTable class(ODBFile class)>>openOn:
[] in ODBClassManager>>openOn:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ODBClassManager>>openOn:
[] in OmniBase>>openOn:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
OmniBase>>openOn:
OmniBase class>>openOn:
StsManager>>connectToDatabase
EventMessageSend>>forwardTo:withArguments:
EventMessageSend>>value
[] in MessageSequenceAbstract>>value
EventMessageSequence>>messagesDo:
EventMessageSequence(MessageSequenceAbstract)>>value
EventsCollection>>triggerEvent:
DevelopmentSessionManager(Object)>>trigger:

15:06:53, 01 November 2005: Unhandled exception - a Win32Error('The system
[...]

15:06:54, 01 November 2005: Unhandled exception - a GPFault('Invalid access
to memory location. Reading 0x0, IP 0x0 (C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Object Arts\Dolphin.exe)')

ProcessorScheduler>>gpFault:
[] in ProcessorScheduler>>vmi:list:no:with:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>vmi:list:no:with:
UserLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>invalidCall
UserLibrary>>callWindowProc:hWnd:msg:wParam:lParam:
ScintillaView(ControlView)>>defaultWindowProcessing:wParam:lParam:
ScintillaView(ControlView)>>wmPaint:wParam:lParam:
ScintillaView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
DebuggerShellView(View)>>update
DebuggerShellView(ShellView)>>onCloseRequested
DebuggerShellView(View)>>wmClose:wParam:lParam:
DebuggerShellView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:

Re: Moving the STS repository gives walkback on launch

David Gorisek-2
This looks like you didn't move *all* the files which make up an
OmniBase database.

This has nothing to do with STS. Instead, it is an OmniBase error which
tells you that it can not open the file with class definitions for
stored objects.

Please make sure that you move/copy all the files and directories.

Best regards,

David Gorisek

TimM wrote:

> [...]
> ProcessorScheduler>>vmi:list:no:with:
> UserLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>invalidCall
> UserLibrary>>callWindowProc:hWnd:msg:wParam:lParam:
> ScintillaView(ControlView)>>defaultWindowProcessing:wParam:lParam:
> ScintillaView(ControlView)>>wmPaint:wParam:lParam:
> ScintillaView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
> [] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
> BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
> ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
> InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
> DebuggerShellView(View)>>update
> DebuggerShellView(ShellView)>>onCloseRequested
> DebuggerShellView(View)>>wmClose:wParam:lParam:
> DebuggerShellView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
> [] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
> BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
> ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:

Re: Moving the STS repository gives walkback on launch

No - its a genuine "path not found" walkback - the directory I pointed to
when I first connected to STS and it created the subdirectory (Repository)
was entirely moved when the image was closed (I moved it to a place where I
backup).

I know it was entirely moved, as I terminated the walkbacks then the image
loaded (they happen before the first dolphin window appears) and then
launching the STS edition browser offered me a directory prompt which when I
pointed it to where I had moved it to did actually work.

Admittedly this is a rare occurence, however - an unhandled exception is
still an unhandled exception...

Tim

news:[hidden email]...