Moving the contents of Pier from one image to another

Moving the contents of Pier from one image to another

Brett R. Taylor
Hi all,
I have an instance of pier running in an image which seems to be hosed.  The problem is that while Pier will still display pages, it will not allow them to be edited.  This started sometime after I put in a back ground process to periodically save the image.

So, I need to know how to migrate the contents of this wiki to another image.  Any tips on this?  BTW, I can still edit methods in the System browser, and execute workspace code.

Thanks,
Brett Taylor

Re: Moving the contents of Pier from one image to another

Lukas Renggli-2
> I have an instance of pier running in an image which seems to be
> hosed.  The problem is that while Pier will still display pages, it
> will not allow them to be edited.  This started sometime after I
> put in a back ground process to periodically save the image.

This is strange, did you check the process browser and tried to kill
any suspicious processes? Did you reset the monitor in the kernel?

PRKernel instances do: [ :e | e monitor: Monitor new ]

> So, I need to know how to migrate the contents of this wiki to
> another image.  Any tips on this?  BTW, I can still edit methods in
> the System browser, and execute workspace code.

ReferenceStream (simple and easy)
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2318

ImageSegments (fast, but complicated)
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1672