Ms-WORD automation

Bruno Brasesco
Hi all,

It is possible from Dolphin open an MsWord application and disable all #Save
commands ?
(what i want is that a user can not save the Document inside MsWord).

I'm trying to find out it, until now with no luck.

Any idea ?

Best Regards
Bruno Buzzi Brasesco

Re: Ms-WORD automation

Stefan Schmiedl
On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:46:49 -0300,
Bruno Brasesco <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is possible from Dolphin open an MsWord application and disable all #Save
> commands ?
> (what i want is that a user can not save the Document inside MsWord).

a non-dolphin strategy to achieve this would be
to open word on a template document with its own
menu bar. depending on your needs this is not
what you want.

s.
--
Stefan Schmiedl
EDV-Beratung, Programmierung, Schulung

shhhh ... I can't hear my code!

Re: Ms-WORD automation

Dmitry Zamotkin-3
Hi, Bruno!

> It is possible from Dolphin open an MsWord application and disable all
#Save
> commands ?
> (what i want is that a user can not save the Document inside MsWord).
>
> I'm trying to find out it, until now with no luck.
>
> Any idea ?

You can open Word document in a read-only mode.

-------------
"Creating Word COM object"
applicationClassName := 'Word.Application'.
application := IDispatch createObject: applicationClassName.

filename := 'my.doc'. "your filename here"
 conversation := readOnly := true.

"Opening a document in a read-only mode"
application Documents
  invoke: 'Open'
  with: filename
  with: conversation
  with: readOnly.

"Unhiding Word"
application setProperty: 'Visible' value: true.

With *.*,
Dmitry Zamotkin