MuTalk: Mutation Testing for Pharo Smalltalk

MuTalk: Mutation Testing for Pharo Smalltalk

Gaboto

Hi!

I just want to let you know that MuTalk is available for Pharo-Dev versions 1.0 and 1.1

you can load it with monticello from http://www.squeaksource.com/MutationTesting

MutationTesting-NicolasChillo.101 for loading last version in Pharo 1.1 (thanks to Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza)

MutationTesting-GabrielBrunstein.97 for loading last verion in Pharo 1.0

More info here: http://code.google.com/p/mutalk/

We developed it with Nicolas Chillo for our career thesis but we will continue working on it.

Basically, Mutation Testing is a technique for measuring and improving tests quality.

All suggestions are welcome.

Bests,

Gabriel

PS: it doesn't work with CogVM but I think that this problem will be solved with Pharo 1.2 (we must adapt it to work there).

Re: MuTalk: Mutation Testing for Pharo Smalltalk

Stéphane Ducasse
cool!

Did you run MuTalk on pharo tests and did you find place where they could be improved?

Stef

On Sep 26, 2010, at 2:26 AM, Gabriel Brunstein wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just want to let you know that MuTalk is available for Pharo-Dev versions 1.0 and 1.1
>

> you can load it with monticello from http://www.squeaksource.com/MutationTesting
>

> MutationTesting-NicolasChillo.101 for loading last version in Pharo 1.1 (thanks to Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza)
>
> MutationTesting-GabrielBrunstein.97 for loading last verion in Pharo 1.0
>

> More info here: http://code.google.com/p/mutalk/
>

> We developed it with Nicolas Chillo for our career thesis but we will continue working on it.
>
> Basically, Mutation Testing is a technique for measuring and improving tests quality.
>

> All suggestions are welcome.
>

> Bests,
>
> Gabriel
>

> PS: it doesn't work with CogVM but I think that this problem will be solved with Pharo 1.2 (we must adapt it to work there).

Re: MuTalk: Mutation Testing for Pharo Smalltalk

Gaboto
For the research, we made analysis is some random packages like: Aconcagua, VB-Regex, Network, Magritte and Pier.

Of course we found places to improve testing on all of these packages. We can continue analysing other places and work on improving testing.

However, a problem to solve is using MuTalk to run mutation testing on Collection (because MuTalk uses collections) or running mutation testing on MuTalk, I mean, its own model. That is because you are changing its own behaviour while it is running.

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
cool!

Did you run MuTalk on pharo tests and did you find place where they could be improved?

Stef

On Sep 26, 2010, at 2:26 AM, Gabriel Brunstein wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just want to let you know that MuTalk is available for Pharo-Dev versions 1.0 and 1.1
>

> you can load it with monticello from http://www.squeaksource.com/MutationTesting
>

> MutationTesting-NicolasChillo.101 for loading last version in Pharo 1.1 (thanks to Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza)
>
> MutationTesting-GabrielBrunstein.97 for loading last verion in Pharo 1.0
>

> More info here: http://code.google.com/p/mutalk/
>

> We developed it with Nicolas Chillo for our career thesis but we will continue working on it.
>
> Basically, Mutation Testing is a technique for measuring and improving tests quality.
>

> All suggestions are welcome.
>

> Bests,
>
> Gabriel
>

> PS: it doesn't work with CogVM but I think that this problem will be solved with Pharo 1.2 (we must adapt it to work there).

Re: MuTalk: Mutation Testing for Pharo Smalltalk

nchillo
We can start improving pharo tests but we should first sign de MIT License agreement. Shouldn`t we?

Nicolás

On Sep 26, 2010, at 5:56 PM, Nicolas Chillo wrote:

> We can start improving pharo tests but we should first sign de MIT License agreement. Shouldn`t we?

would be good :)

Re: MuTalk: Mutation Testing for Pharo Smalltalk

For the research, we made analysis is some random packages like: Aconcagua, VB-Regex, Network, Magritte and Pier.

> Of course we found places to improve testing on all of these packages. We can continue analysing other places and work on improving testing.
>
> However, a problem to solve is using MuTalk to run mutation testing on Collection (because MuTalk uses collections) or running mutation testing on MuTalk, I mean, its own model. That is because you are changing its own behaviour while it is running.

Eliminate the core classes for now.