Multipart MIME email message (HTML plus plain text)

Multipart MIME email message (HTML plus plain text)

Andre Schnoor
Is there a simple example available of how to assemble a multi-part
email message (Net.MailMessage) that can deliver HTML and plain text
side by side (e.g. for a newsletter)? I can't seem to figure that out
from the huge API alone.

Thanks in advance.
Andre

Re: Multipart MIME email message (HTML plus plain text)

Reinout Heeck-2
Andre Schnoor wrote:
> Is there a simple example available of how to assemble a multi-part
> email message (Net.MailMessage) that can deliver HTML and plain text
> side by side (e.g. for a newsletter)? I can't seem to figure that out
> from the huge API alone.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Andre

Hi Andre,

the following works for us. It took me some time to get it right, but it
works for us.
You'll have to provide the details for the smtpclient yourself.

Regards,

Cham

sendEmailTo: recipiant subject: subject text: text html: html sender: sender

     | msg ws partMsg relMsg |
     msg := Net.MailMessage new.
     msg subject: subject.
     msg from: sender.
     msg to: recipiant.
     msg date: Timestamp now.
     relMsg := Net.MimeEntity new contentType: 'multipart/alternative'.
     partMsg := Net.MimeEntity newTextPlain.
     partMsg contents: text.
     relMsg addPart: partMsg.
     partMsg := Net.MimeEntity newTextHTML.