Multiple Service VMs

Paul DeBruicker
Hi -

I make remote requests to two different providers. One provider limits
requests to one per second. The other limits me to 18 contemporaneous
open requests.

I've been reading and attempting to understand these:

http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/ServiceVMExample

http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2007/05/10/porting-application-specific-seaside-threads-to-gemstone/

http://forum.world.st/threads-within-a-request-td2335295.html

To have 19 concurrent remote requests that both don't block each other
or force each other create 2407 errors when they abort and commit do I
need 19 service VMs?

If so can I do that with the free license or do I need to come up with
either some $ or a way for them to not block each other?

Thanks

Paul

Re: Multiple Service VMs

Dale Henrichs
Paul,

I think you may have already figured this out, but the point of having a
serivice vm, is so that a single vm can handle a large number of (mostly
waiting) requests as in your situation. One vm should suffice...

Dale