Multiple Worlds for Pharo *stable*

Aidan Gauland-2
Hello,

I recently saw the article Multiple Worlds for Pharo
<http://seandenigris.com/blog/?p=767>, and I tried loading it from
PharoInbox, but got the following Warning.

This package depends on the following classes:
  GLMUITheme
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  GLMOrangeUITheme
  GLMOrangeUITheme classSide>>baseSelectionColor
  GLMOrangeUITheme classSide>>lightSelectionColor
  GLMOrangeUITheme classSide>>setDejaVuFontsLarge
  GLMOrangeUITheme classSide>>setDejaVuFontsSmall
  GLMOrangeUITheme classSide>>themeName
  GLMOrangeUITheme classSide>>veryLightSelectionColor
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>buttonMouseOverFillStyleFor:
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>buttonSelectedFillStyleFor:
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>buttonSelectedMouseOverFillStyleFor:
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>configureWindowBorderFor:
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>configureWindowDropShadowFor:
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>controlButtonMouseOverFillStyleFor:
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>controlButtonNormalFillStyleFor:
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>dialogWindowPreferredCornerStyleFor:
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>glamorousBaseSelectionColorFor:
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>listNormalBorderStyleFor:
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>menuItemSelectedFillStyleFor:
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>scrollPaneDisabledBorderStyleFor:
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>scrollPaneNormalBorderStyleFor:
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>selectionBarColor
  GLMOrangeUITheme>>selectionColor

Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the operation.

I can't figure out what package I need to load first to resolve this
dependency.  I'm using Pharo 1.1.1 Latest update: #11414.  Can anyone
help me out here?  I really don't want to use unstable just to get
this one feature.

Thanks,
Aidan

Re: Multiple Worlds for Pharo *stable*

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Aidan Gauland-2 wrote
I recently saw the article Multiple Worlds for Pharo...  I'm using Pharo 1.1.1 Latest update: #11414.  Can anyone help me out here?
I made a changeset that you can file into 1.1.1.  It is attached to the issue @ http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=3545

HTH,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Multiple Worlds for Pharo *stable*

tfleig
Wow. This is very cool.

I have created some hotkeys (ctrl-1, ctrl-2, etc.) (using http://www.squeaksource.com/GlobalKeys.html) to switch between worlds. I usually have several unrelated projects going and this makes it very easy to manage them.

Two things:

1. I noticed the taskbar was missing in the new worlds, so I evaluate the following when I create a new world:

    World taskbars ifEmpty: [
        TaskbarMorph new openInWorld: World.
        (World systemWindows select: [ :each |
     each isCollapsed]) do: [ :wnd | wnd restore; minimize ]]]

2. In looking into the TaskbarMorph, I stumbled across the Project class. It seems like there might be some overlap with multiple worlds there. Any comment?

Regards,
TF

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 03:09:47AM -0800, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> Aidan Gauland wrote:
> > I recently saw the article Multiple Worlds for Pharo...  I'm using Pharo
> > 1.1.1 Latest update: #11414.  Can anyone help me out here?
>
> I made a changeset that you can file into 1.1.1.  It is attached to the
> issue @ http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=3545

OK, thanks!  I didn't see that.  I'm really looking forward to
multiple worlds in the next stable release of Pharo.

Thanks,
Aidan

Re: Multiple Worlds for Pharo *stable*

Mariano Martinez Peck
This is an example of the nice sinergy arroud Pharo. Sean developed a multi-world feature feature. Aida tested and gave feedback. Guillermo Polito, worked with the KeyBindings. Tony took multi-word and set up custom shortcuts for chaning worlds!
you see? nice!

mariano

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 8:26 PM, Aidan Gauland <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 03:09:47AM -0800, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> Aidan Gauland wrote:
> > I recently saw the article Multiple Worlds for Pharo...  I'm using Pharo
> > 1.1.1 Latest update: #11414.  Can anyone help me out here?
>
> I made a changeset that you can file into 1.1.1.  It is attached to the
> issue @ http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=3545

OK, thanks!  I didn't see that.  I'm really looking forward to
multiple worlds in the next stable release of Pharo.

Thanks,
Aidan

Re: Multiple Worlds for Pharo *stable*

It is on my todo to have a look but quite busy right now
Keep improving the systems.

Stef

On Jan 24, 2011, at 8:26 PM, Aidan Gauland wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 03:09:47AM -0800, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
>> Aidan Gauland wrote:
>>> I recently saw the article Multiple Worlds for Pharo...  I'm using Pharo
>>> 1.1.1 Latest update: #11414.  Can anyone help me out here?
>>
>> I made a changeset that you can file into 1.1.1.  It is attached to the
>> issue @ http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=3545
>
> OK, thanks!  I didn't see that.  I'm really looking forward to
> multiple worlds in the next stable release of Pharo.
>
> Thanks,
> Aidan

Re: Multiple Worlds for Pharo *stable*

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Aidan Gauland-2 wrote
OK, thanks!  I didn't see that.
That's because I made it for you after you asked :)  Enjoy!

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Multiple Worlds for Pharo *stable*

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
This is an example of the nice sinergy arroud Pharo.
Yes!

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
Sean developed a multi-world feature feature.
Jochen Riekhof developed it, I just pushed for it and cleaned it up to integrate :)

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 01:55:57PM -0800, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> Aidan Gauland-2 wrote:
> > OK, thanks!  I didn't see that.
> >
> That's because I made it for you after you asked :)  Enjoy!

Ah, that would explain it.  Now I feel less stupid. :P

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 08:51:55AM -0800, Tony Fleig wrote:
> I noticed the taskbar was missing in the new worlds, so I evaluate the
> following when I create a new world:
>
>     World taskbars ifEmpty: [
>         TaskbarMorph new openInWorld: World.
>         (World systemWindows select: [ :each |
>      each isCollapsed]) do: [ :wnd | wnd restore; minimize ]]]

Thanks!  That worked perfectly for me.

If anyone wants to have the same background in their other worlds as
the first one, this should do it...

wm := WorldManager instance.
bgm := (wm worldNamed: 'Pharo') backgroundMorph.
(wm worldNamed: 'AnotherWorld') backgroundMorph: bgm.

Regards,
Aidan

Re: Multiple Worlds for Pharo *stable*

tfleig
I set up different backgrounds in my different worlds so I could tell which one I was in.  ;)

TF

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 03:53:36PM +1300, Aidan Gauland wrote:
> If anyone wants to have the same background in their other worlds as
> the first one, this should do it...
>
> wm := WorldManager instance.
> bgm := (wm worldNamed: 'Pharo') backgroundMorph.
> (wm worldNamed: 'AnotherWorld') backgroundMorph: bgm.

Oops!  I just noticed that the result of that code is less than ideal,
as bgm also becomes a submorph of AnotherWorld.  What's a better way
to give new worlds the same background as the first world?

--Aidan

Re: Multiple Worlds for Pharo *stable*

Igor Stasenko
On 24 January 2011 22:33, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It is on my todo to have a look but quite busy right now
> Keep improving the systems.

Hehe.. especially if remember that you cut this out once.
Ironically, it went back , behind your spine :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.