Multiple Worlds

Hannes Hirzel
Earlier discussion on this is here

WorldState
http://jvuletich.org/pipermail/cuis_jvuletich.org/2012-September/000199.html

H.

On 12/7/13, Ken Dickey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 16:08:30 -0200
> Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yes, good idea.
>>
>> A (may be stupid) question.....why the world in cuis is shown as "world"
>> name and I can't use the World as is documented?
>
> I have not seen documentation.
>
> There is a basic problem with multiple projects when changing worlds (i.e.
> which PasteUpMorph is the "world" at the current time).  So what World are
> you in?
>
>> Of course, I can iterate in the instances of PasteUpMorph and change the
>> background, but World is not here ....
>
> There is an assumption in the code that worlds form a tree:
>
> PasteUpMorph>>world
> worldState ifNil: [^super world].
> ^self
>
> Typically we are not making use of multiple worlds in Cuis, but I know of no
> reason not to.
>
> -KenD

Re: Multiple Worlds

garduino
Thanks Hannes, very explanatory.

My remaining doubt is why the current (only) World is not called "World" for reference and manipulation of it.

2013/12/7 H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
Earlier discussion on this is here

WorldState
http://jvuletich.org/pipermail/cuis_jvuletich.org/2012-September/000199.html

H.

On 12/7/13, Ken Dickey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 16:08:30 -0200
> Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yes, good idea.
>>
>> A (may be stupid) question.....why the world in cuis is shown as "world"
>> name and I can't use the World as is documented?
>
> I have not seen documentation.
>
> There is a basic problem with multiple projects when changing worlds (i.e.
> which PasteUpMorph is the "world" at the current time).  So what World are
> you in?
>
>> Of course, I can iterate in the instances of PasteUpMorph and change the
>> background, but World is not here ....
>
> There is an assumption in the code that worlds form a tree:
>
> PasteUpMorph>>world
>       worldState ifNil: [^super world].
>       ^self
>
> Typically we are not making use of multiple worlds in Cuis, but I know of no
> reason not to.
>
> -KenD

Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino
www.arduinosoftware.com

Re: Multiple Worlds

Juan Vuletich-4
On 12/7/2013 9:33 PM, Germán Arduino wrote:
Thanks Hannes, very explanatory.

My remaining doubt is why the current (only) World is not called "World" for reference and manipulation of it.

Just because Cuis is evolving to the point where there might be no world at all, or many worlds living in the same image.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

2013/12/7 H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
Earlier discussion on this is here

WorldState
http://jvuletich.org/pipermail/cuis_jvuletich.org/2012-September/000199.html

H.

On 12/7/13, Ken Dickey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 16:08:30 -0200
> Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yes, good idea.
>>
>> A (may be stupid) question.....why the world in cuis is shown as "world"
>> name and I can't use the World as is documented?
>
> I have not seen documentation.
>
> There is a basic problem with multiple projects when changing worlds (i.e.
> which PasteUpMorph is the "world" at the current time).  So what World are
> you in?
>
>> Of course, I can iterate in the instances of PasteUpMorph and change the
>> background, but World is not here ....
>
> There is an assumption in the code that worlds form a tree:
>
> PasteUpMorph>>world
>       worldState ifNil: [^super world].
>       ^self
>
> Typically we are not making use of multiple worlds in Cuis, but I know of no
> reason not to.
>
> -KenD

Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino