Multiple onViewClosed messages (Solved)

Jerome Chan
It appears that somehow ghost Shells were saved onto the deployment
image and those were the sources of the multiple onViewClosed messages.
I've reinstalled a fresh copy of Dolphin Smalltalk and reloaded my
classes and now everything works.

Re: Multiple onViewClosed messages (Solved)

Blair McGlashan
"Jerome Chan" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> It appears that somehow ghost Shells were saved onto the deployment
> image and those were the sources of the multiple onViewClosed messages.
> I've reinstalled a fresh copy of Dolphin Smalltalk and reloaded my
> classes and now everything works.

During testing we recommend using the "panic" button before deployment to
clean down the window state. This is more aggressive than the image stripper
can be because we support a deployment mode whereby the non-development tool
windows that are open on deployment are the windows that will be initially
open when the application is started. Sometimes even the "panic" button will
fail to clear away views (try looking at the Window menu to see if it lists
any zombies). A common cause of this is zombie processes (take a look in the
ProcessMonitor, there should only be 5 processes in a standard image), but
it could be caused by some other reference created for one reason or another
during development/debugging. These can be traced down using the
ReferenceFinder tool, but on the whole it is easier to just install one's
packages into a clean image and deploy from there. Final deployment and
testing from a clean image is recommended as good practice.

Regards

Blair