Multiple sites on localhost

Glenn Swanlund-3
Is there a way of hosting multiple Aida sites on localhost? I'm using a
laptop at home to explore AidaWeb without a DNS server. I see there is a
check for duplicate host names in the base code. Any suggestions would
be appreciated.

Regards,
Glenn
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Multiple sites on localhost

Damir Horvat
On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 07:21:40PM -0800, Glenn Swanlund wrote:

> Is there a way of hosting multiple Aida sites on localhost? I'm using a
> laptop at home to explore AidaWeb without a DNS server. I see there is a
> check for duplicate host names in the base code. Any suggestions would
> be appreciated.

On Linux/Unix you have /etc/hosts file where you can put IP HOST:
127.0.0.1    myaidaapp.com
127.0.0.1    myaidaapp2.com

On Windows, i think the file is called hosts.txt (or maybe just hosts?)
somewhere in c:\windows directory. It has the same structure.

br,
Damir

Multiple sites on localhost

Janko Mivšek
Hi Glenn and Damir,

Damir Horvat wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 07:21:40PM -0800, Glenn Swanlund wrote:
>
>> Is there a way of hosting multiple Aida sites on localhost? I'm using a
>> laptop at home to explore AidaWeb without a DNS server. I see there is a
>> check for duplicate host names in the base code. Any suggestions would
>> be appreciated.

Every AIDASite is defined by host:ip:port: combination. For instance, a
demo site called 'aidademo' has a combination:

        host: 'localhost' ip: '127.0.0.1' port: 8888.

If you'd like to add another website on localhost on same port, you need
to provide some different name for host and register that name in HOSTS
file as Damir described.

To add a site named 'myaidaapp' with hostname 'myaidaapp.com' you would:

        AIDASite newNamed: 'myaidaapp'.  "to create a new website"
        (AIDASite named: 'myaidaap')
                host: 'myaidaapp.com' ip: '127.0.0.1' port: 8888.
        (AIDASite named: 'myaidaapp') start.

Of course you need to register that hostname in hosts file first!

> On Linux/Unix you have /etc/hosts file where you can put IP HOST:
> 127.0.0.1    myaidaapp.com
> 127.0.0.1    myaidaapp2.com
>
> On Windows, i think the file is called hosts.txt (or maybe just hosts?)
> somewhere in c:\windows directory. It has the same structure.

c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Best regards
Janko

--