Multiple sites

Dirk Verleysen-2
Een HTML-bijlage is verwijderd...

Multiple sites

Janko Mivšek
Hi Dirk,

Dirk Verleysen wrote:

> Can I run multiple sites on the same IP address and on the same port ?
> How should I define this and how to access these on my development pc ?

Yes, that's  actually.a main feature of Swazoo.

You just open a new site, and set host:ip:port: accordingly. Ip and port
  are the same while host must be different and unique for each site.

On development PC you simply put host name in your hosts file:

        /etc/hostc.conf on Linux
        c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on Windows

When you'll be ready to deploy and make it accessible from outside, you
need to register host name in some DNS server.

Here is a workspace script for adding new sites on my hosting server:

   "addition of new site"
   name := 'geomer'.
   "add in DNS server or hosts file first!"
   AIDASite newNamed: name.
   (AIDASite named: name)
        host: (name, '.eranova.si') ip: 'asp.eranova.si' port: 80.
   (AIDASite named: name) styleClass: 'GeoMerStyle'.
   (AIDASite named: name) securityManager initBiArtAccessRights.
   (AIDASite named: name) enableWebDAVSupport.
   (AIDASite named: name) repository emailSMTPServer: 'mail.eranova.si'.
   SwazooServer startSite: name.

Best regards
Janko

--